What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
The hardest thing for me with a 3 car garage was convincing my wife that it's only for her GMC Acadia and my Dart. Just because it's a 3 car doesn't mean you have to cram 3 in there!

ABSOLUTELY!
As luck has it, there is only my Barracuda and my truck.....but I've made it clear that the extra space is NOT a dumping ground for misc crap....!

Jeff

THINKING!!!!! I am trying to justify getting a 1 Plymouth project. OK so I have too many old Mopars! I went out between rain!! and started everything that runs. The rust free slant 79 Volare has a leaking head gasket. Ready for seal and paint. Yes rust free. Ever try finding a rust free F body!??? Hate to offer it for sale, but I am tired of slants, got too many anyway. Maybe drop in that 318?? But I always seem to have to have 2-3 of everything!!! BUT it goes with my newly acquired 76 Runner.
Ah the 76 runner! Got all the rust GONE! Needs 2 new tires, get headlight working, get insurance, and GO! It i sORANGE!!!! Need paint! The 318 with 170,000 miles runs pretty decent. Decent. OK so the 2:4r gears suck. Did I mention it is ORANGE?!!!
The 71 Duster 3 speed slant great engine but yes it is a slant and a dog. It is a slant! 2 bbl even. Dog. All rust gone, ready for seal/paint I hate to offer it for sale.
The 62 Lancer, aka TOAD! My wife as claimed the damn thing! Got to switch out slants, needs new clutch, repaint, she hates 20 footers! I found a Lancer wagon project, I NEED IT to go with this TOAD!!!!!!!! Would be a pair that only their mother could love! No my wife did not birth the TOAD!!!!!
Found a 51 Plymouth. Always been wanting to try to do a street rod. Can I do one with no more than $2000 in it!! That is the question! So, I could have in 1995!!!!!!!! But today is feb. something, 2019. Or is it still 2018!!!!??
Other words I did not accomplish crap today!!!!

THINKING!!!!! I am trying to justify getting a 1 Plymouth project. OK so I have too many old Mopars! I went out between rain!! and started everything that runs. The rust free slant 79 Volare has a leaking head gasket. Ready for seal and paint. Yes rust free. Ever try finding a rust free F body!??? Hate to offer it for sale, but I am tired of slants, got too many anyway. Maybe drop in that 318?? But I always seem to have to have 2-3 of everything!!! BUT it goes with my newly acquired 76 Runner.
Ah the 76 runner! Got all the rust GONE! Needs 2 new tires, get headlight working, get insurance, and GO! It i sORANGE!!!! Need paint! The 318 with 170,000 miles runs pretty decent. Decent. OK so the 2:4r gears suck. Did I mention it is ORANGE?!!!
The 71 Duster 3 speed slant great engine but yes it is a slant and a dog. It is a slant! 2 bbl even. Dog. All rust gone, ready for seal/paint I hate to offer it for sale.
The 62 Lancer, aka TOAD! My wife as claimed the damn thing! Got to switch out slants, needs new clutch, repaint, she hates 20 footers! I found a Lancer wagon project, I NEED IT to go with this TOAD!!!!!!!! Would be a pair that only their mother could love! No my wife did not birth the TOAD!!!!!
Found a 51 Plymouth. Always been wanting to try to do a street rod. Can I do one with no more than $2000 in it!! That is the question! So, I could have in 1995!!!!!!!! But today is feb. something, 2019. Or is it still 2018!!!!??
Other words I did not accomplish crap today!!!!
Negative on the street rod. Stick to classic/musclecars. Get the Lancer wagon before someone else does!

BC6674C9-9FDC-48E3-B37E-89736576E35B.jpeg
25CA41DF-198A-4C87-8110-3B8E42412994.jpeg
98C24B54-25A4-42B4-ABEE-40ABAD4B1958.jpeg

Electric exhaust cutout switch is under the ashtray lid of center console.

20190201_135619.jpg
20190202_141204.jpg
20190203_145518.jpg
Winter has been real cold here and hard to keep the shop warm and ventilate it but so far so good.

20190220_143341.jpg
20190227_151554.jpg
20190126_191035 (1).jpg
My Scamp was under coated real good and took quite a few days to remove it. Used truck bed liner on it and is all sealed up now. Thank God it's done today.

Good here Mango a little light headed from all the fumes. Haven't talked to my brother in awhile you guys doing OK over there.
Cold and or wet here. Drove the dart yesterday a little, almost too cold at 42° with no heater, but worth it!
I know you were having some problems, hope everything is going your way now.
Really looking forward to the swap meet in indy this weekend. Might buy a LD-340 manifold if they aren't too salty.

Cold and or wet here. Drove the dart yesterday a little, almost too cold at 42° with no heater, but worth it!
I know you were having some problems, hope everything is going your way now.
Really looking forward to the swap meet in indy this weekend. Might buy a LD-340 manifold if they aren't too salty.
Would love to be there for the swap meet, was thinking of selling my 340 and get a 360 stroker. not sure what my engine is worth.
Any time is a good time to drive or old cars above 30* and no snow, been 20 below or worse here.

Would love to be there for the swap meet, was thinking of selling my 340 and get a 360 stroker. not sure what my engine is worth.
Any time is a good time to drive or old cars above 30* and no snow, been 20 below or worse here.
Keep the 340, save up for the stroker. You'll hate yourself for selling it. As far as 30° and no snow, its gotta be dry out, my car hasn't seen a wet road in over 15 years! I disconnected my heater because I've got a chip in my windshield and I'm well aware what happens when the defroster hits that.

Keep the 340, save up for the stroker. You'll hate yourself for selling it. As far as 30° and no snow, its gotta be dry out, my car hasn't seen a wet road in over 15 years! I disconnected my heater because I've got a chip in my windshield and I'm well aware what happens when the defroster hits that.
Windshield will crack for sure, try putting some super glue or anything to seal the chip so air and moister can't get in.
Yea I hate to sell the 340 I should keep it.

Windshield will crack for sure, try putting some super glue or anything to seal the chip so air and moister can't get in.
Yea I hate to sell the 340 I should keep it.
My collector car insurance gives me one free windshield repair, so I just need to schedule them to come and do it. Spring is coming, so no hurry now, but it'll be fixed and heater reconnected before next winter!

My collector car insurance gives me one free windshield repair, so I just need to schedule them to come and do it. Spring is coming, so no hurry now, but it'll be fixed and heater reconnected before next winter!
Sounds good Mango enjoy your ride. Mine will be down for 2 years getting restored but I have a 1929 Ford truck to drive around so not completely out of having a good time.

Finished up the motor for the Duster I'm going to sell. Prepaint and then this is going in. I put this together with used unwanted parts from the sheds. the body was bought from the original owner who made it a race car. I sold the 408 drive line to use the body to rebuild my Duster. A real solid car but I found a nicer one. So its out of here. The interior has no rips at all anywhere. Now I just have to paint it???

It could be someone else's project for all I care I am swamped . Here is how it sits. I'm going down to work on it today The body is in primer now, as you can see the body was just about rust free . I am going to be listing the car when its driveable. But I am sick of working on it. I have three Harley's I need to get ready for Sturgis in August. 10 of us are going. can't wait to get out of here . Beer and Half naked women are always better then working.

So those are the plans today. LOL

DSCN0515.JPG

DSCN0516.JPG

DSCN0517.JPG

DSCN0388.JPG

Resized_20180930_121912_4562.jpeg

Resized_20180930_121934_8975.jpeg

Resized_20180930_121943_8244.jpeg

DSCN0387.JPG

Window regulators are stiff.... Time to lube them after the rain.... :)
Now... Off to drive the piss out of it.... :)

Got off early, so I stayed at work and changed the lower control arm bushings. On my 72 Dart.
Used a pair of polyurethane inserts. Lots of grease, and no noises yet. Will have to do the alignment tomorrow.

20190228_153709.jpg

20190228_165403.jpg

Looks good! I've used Raptor Liner on stuff. What did you use and how did you like it?
Same stuff Raptor liner Did a few jobs on new truck boxes and held up good. Lots better bed liners but for what I did I think it will hold up real good.

-
Back