What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
well, i had a bunkbed in the shed where the kids used to camp out and im selling it

im meeting up with someone tomorrow so i decided to toss it in the back of the truck and be ready to leave

rather then backing up, i decided to go around the pound (did so last week to) and i should be ok
only this time, i slid of the solid, into the mud and burried her

so i guess i get to dig her out tomorrow

Cleaned and re bagged all my bolts.
Now just waiting for the machine shop.

20210529_202400.jpg

Pulling the Rocker Covers to see what broke!

Had a spirited ride to the show in Dawsonville yesterday, won Best Mopar, and a spirited ride home! First time out and about this year. When I got home I wrapped the throttle one time in joy and something happened! Lots of metallic noise followed. Fortunately is was in the driveway just before pulling the car in the garage. Hope a lifter did not come apart on me.

Well, After much grief getting the right cover off without distorting it, this what I found. Boy I sure put them covers on well in 2014! But I left a remnant of the previous MOROSO covers laying around apparently! Always wondered were the one went off to.

It feels good to tell on myself!

Time to pull #8 Plug and see if the valve hung and clipped the piston.

IMG_2833.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

Last edited:
# 8 Plug looks fine.

Just ordered a borescope to have a look around for piece of mind!

Sounds like your lucky day! First, it happens in your driveway, then it appears as no lasting damage!!

Not sure yet!

If that stud was flying around in there then maybe so. At first I thought the cover baffle may had broke loose! The stud was wedged between the #8 intake spring and the head and had to pry it out! Bore scope should be here Tuesday and will do some more checking! Everything else looks good and normal! Vitals were all good on the rides!

It has been in there since 2014! And why now did this happen! Hope that is all it was!

IMHO...if that stud was up against a spring, I would change the spring. A scratch or nick in a spring is the best way to have it break and we know what happens next when that occurs.

IMHO...if that stud was up against a spring, I would change the spring. A scratch or nick in a spring is the best way to have it break and we know what happens next when that occurs.

I am concerned About that as well. No telling if that is just were it ended on shutdown or if has been there the whole time for the 7 years! Nothing has been determined yet. More looking needed!

Well, After much grief getting the right cover off without distorting it, this what I found. Boy I sure put them covers on well in 2014! But I left a remnant of the previous MOROSO covers laying around apparently! Always wondered were the one when off to.

It feels good to tell on myself!

Time to pull #8 Plug and see if the valve hung and clipped the piston.

View attachment 1715744831

View attachment 1715744832

The spring is fine, cover it and drive off into the sunset.
Lower coil/s arent moving much...and if they were, you have valve float.
Good catch, even if it was 7 yrs ago...you caught it before it bit ya.

The spring is fine, cover it and drive off into the sunset.
Lower coil/s arent moving much...and if they were, you have valve float.
Good catch, even if it was 7 yrs ago...you caught it before it bit ya.

Lets Hope So!

That took a good part of the day to get the column shift linkage to work with the TTI exhaust system. Dang they have their act together. It fit like a glove. Well not OJ's gloves. Those didn't fit. :eek:

20210530_182427.jpg

20210530_182300.jpg

Filled the oil system, and primed with a drill, pumped up the lifers as I rolled it over.

Buttoning up, installed and sealed the intake manifold.

Next stop, mount up to the Engine Run Stand, after installing distributor and valve covers.

360 is getting close now . . .

20210531_204739.jpg

Added some 14" x 6" bb pattern steelies, with some Plymouth Division dog dishes. Tires are 205/75-14.

IMG_20210530_160131853~2.jpg

-
Back