What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
I'm not sure this will help much with your hood, but here's a different file.
thumbnail_20210607_111724.jpg

well, not "doing" anything with her, but i did make a few appointments

long story short, i was sitting outside with the girls who were having a bake sale
and as i was sitting there, my neighbour from 2 doors down comes by walking her dog
so we chat it up a bit and she says "i havent heard the duster in a while"

so i explain to her i messed with the front end, and it needs an alignment desperately (it pulls so hard to the right, that when i get on it, it goes straight, because i hold on to the wheel, but as soon as i let of the gas, it wants to jump to the left again, because im pointing the wheel)
of course, this is a 50 year old car, and things change so i dont necessarily trust just anyone to work on it

so she says, why dont you give Randy (her husband and owner of a gorgeous 69 dart) a call, he usually knows a guy, and if not his boss will

turns out, Randy works for Norm
who is Norm?

only the owner of the Verhage museum
The Ver Hage Mopar Museum | Allpar Forums

yeah, cant think of many other guys i would trusthave been inside that more then these fellows
(oh and i have had the chance to stroll through the museum, they have a GREAT collection)

so, i reached out to Randy and he got me in touch with company that "were doing alignments where these cars were new" and i got an appointment for this thursday

added bonus, i dont think they have updated their prices since these cars were new

and since she will once again go straight, i also ordered some new tires for the front

long story short, i was sitting outside with the girls who were having a bake sale
and as i was sitting there, my neighbour from 2 doors down comes by walking her dog

so i explain to her i messed with the front end, and it needs an alignment desperately (it pulls so hard to the right, that when i get on it, it goes straight, because i hold on to the wheel, but as soon as i let of the gas, it wants to jump to the left again, because im pointing the wheel)
of course, this is a 50 year old car, and things change so i dont necessarily trust just anyone to work on it

so she says, why dont you give Randy (her husband and owner of a gorgeous 69 dart) a call, he usually knows a guy, and if not his boss will

who is Norm?

yeah, cant think of many other guys i would trusthave been inside that more then these fellows
(oh and i have had the chance to stroll through the museum, they have a GREAT collection)

so, i reached out to Randy and he got me in touch with company that "were doing alignments where these cars were new" and i got an appointment for this thursday

added bonus, i dont think they have updated their prices since these cars were new

and since she will once again go straight, i also ordered some new tires for the front
Ya' gotta' love it when a plan comes together!

who is Norm?

I'm close to you. I might have to hit you up. I'm doing my suspension next month.

I'm close to you. I might have to hit you up. I'm doing my suspension next month.
Cool

I'm dropping the duster of next Thursday, so I'll let you know how it works out

If all goes well, you can drive to my house, and I'll drive it to the shop

The shovel is actually holding it up. So you gotta bring that too when you park it. :)

Funny, last time I "parked" the plow truck I also needed a shovel...to get it back out

Huh? Not going to finish it when we have the 8 weeks or so of good weather??? And then be able to enjoy all your work??
Family health issues forces me to put this on hold. The car will still be there after they get better. :)

Got the passenger side header installed last night. Man that thing is really tight around the oil filter adapter. Changing the oil filter is going to be rough not to mention it's going to pour oil all over the header in the process.

IMG_1055.JPG

Got the passenger side header installed last night. Man that thing is really tight around the oil filter adapter. Changing the oil filter is going to be rough not to mention it's going to pour oil all over the header in the process.
TTI’s correct? Could you ditch the adapter and just use the short Mopar filter that can be purchased at Walmart?

I cut a large coffee can up and rap it around the header so no oil drips around the and in the header. Well most oil I should add, and the coffee can is a ***** to get it in there but well worth the time and hassle.

Finishing the cooling system
Small pulley to increase rpm’s in pump
Hi vol pump
27 radiator which barely fits
2 electric fans
Low hp draw stainless fan
Electric thermostat
Right behind the fans is an full size
A/C condenser set up As trans cooler with braided stainless lines
It may seem overkill but I love redundancy!!
Excuse the wiring n s they are only mocked up

E0CDC77C-9D36-46FA-A8EF-569CFAA17CBE.jpeg

92284C28-A4C3-4932-830B-03880AA805E6.jpeg

69F4289A-B0D4-4B76-8048-105E94D9F499.jpeg

C506E873-1663-4689-AD67-B67D214A2B3B.jpeg

6F10A4AC-DF4B-4080-8C15-06BEE9F2BB13.jpeg

Last edited:
Got some fresh tires on the front...the bad alignment had prematurely wore out the edges...yes, like a ricer

Anyway, the real exciting thing is, I got new lugnuts aswell
Not only do I now have matching lugnuts on all 4 corners, I found some cool ones, that almost look like some one combined the classic pedestal style nuts with the newer 60 degree conicals

The socket part is a little more shallow, but I bet I doubled my thread engagement

20210610_185422.jpg

20210610_185428.jpg

20210610_185434.jpg

Got some fresh tires on the front...the bad alignment had prematurely wore out the edges...yes, like a ricer

Anyway, the real exciting thing is, I got new lugnuts aswell
Not only do I now have matching lugnuts on all 4 corners, I found some cool ones, that almost look like some one combined the classic pedestal style nuts with the newer 60 degree conicals

The socket part is a little more shallow, but I bet I doubled my thread engagement

View attachment 1715750143

View attachment 1715750144

View attachment 1715750145
Doesn't take much to keep you happy does it? :)

maybe, maybe not

the fact of the matter is, so many of the right boxes are checked, if the duster burned to the ground, id still come out ahead

so its all gravy
So I guess there is no need to take you for a ride in my car when it's done. I'll just buy you one or two lug nuts & you'll be Happy.

So I guess there is no need to take you for a ride in my car when it's done. I'll just buy you one or two lug nuts & you'll be Happy.
Truth be told, I only asked to drive it to make you feel good about yourself

Although, I do have a full set of nuts allready

-
Back