What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Probably wouldn't've been a bad idea to do the wiper seals BEFORE putting the heater box back in. I'm fixin' to change my heater core and wiper seals sometime in the next few weeks hopefully
The heater box is way out of the way. I looked before I put it back in. Good thought though.

Drove it to work of course! :thumbsup:

20170215_053607.jpg

Got my subframe connectors finished up last night and started cleaning up welds along with other areas that need attention. Hoping to have it ready to media blast the bottom side and engine bay by this weekend. I can't say enough good things about the US Cartool subframe connectors... really nice pieces!

Barracuda-Subframe Connectors - installed.jpg
Barracuda-Subframe Connectors - installed(2).jpg

Got my subframe connectors finished up last night and started cleaning up welds along with other areas that need attention. Hoping to have it ready to media blast the bottom side and engine bay by this weekend. I can't say enough good things about the US Cartool subframe connectors... really nice pieces!

View attachment 1715018484 View attachment 1715018486
Sub-Frame connectors are on my list......I'm jealous!
Nice work!

Jeff

dang it - I miss having something to report here - heck, I haven't even been out in the garage except to grab a screw driver in 2 months!! ~ come ON spring!!!

I got my dash pad, gauge cluster and wiper pivots/linkage pulled yesterday in preparation to finish up my semi-low buck dash resto/mod. Forgot to take any pics....

I got my dash pad, gauge cluster and wiper pivots/linkage pulled yesterday in preparation to finish up my semi-low buck dash resto/mod. Forgot to take any pics....
Could you get pics of the steps you do as you put the cluster back in? I gotta pull mine and am trying to figure it out what to do and what NOT to do so I don't break any old and brittle plastic stuff.

Could you get pics of the steps you do as you put the cluster back in? I gotta pull mine and am trying to figure it out what to do and what NOT to do so I don't break any old and brittle plastic stuff.
Only way to get the cluster in or out without breaking anything is to drop the steering column. I learned this the hard way with my first car, a 75 Scamp

Got mine licensed and insured, waiting for my Summit, Classic and RockAuto orders to come in so I can finish the car.
Boy the days are dragging and the snow is NOT going away-I'm getting bummed.

Need to do a few things to my Camaro today.

My clutch has been VERY inconsistent for the past few months, and pumping the pedal a few times really changes the feel/engagement point, so I'm going to bleed it to see if that helps and I'll check for any fluid loss. Hopefully I find what's wrong so I can have it warrantied. A dealership quoted me about $1,800 for a new clutch. Hydraulics are warrantied, clutch itself is not. I assume they thought that because I'm young and have that car, I must be a gullible idiot that they could make a quick buck off of. Well, I'm not an idiot, and if it came down to it I'm fully capable of pulling the trans and swapping the clutch myself. But I'm cheap and I'd rather pester a dealership to warranty something than pay them to fix it. I know the issue is hydraulic, I just have to find it and show them so they'll fix it under warranty. Already left the car overnight once and their troubleshooting was of minimal help. You know what they say....if you want it done right.... :BangHead:

Hopefully it's just air in the lines somewhere, a bad master, or bad slave. I'm tired of this erratic clutch. And I need to find an exhaust rattle. Since I have an aftermarket exhaust, that part of my warranty is long gone.

A finicky Camaro is still more fun than a Honda, though. So I can't complain too much. :thumbsup:

Spending more money, asking more questions, spending even more money, asking even more questions...
Getting there, learning, reading...
Yesterday was an epiphany day, got it running better than ever before, but the thirst doesn't stop, you always want more. I am never satisfied, but I am never bored, either.
I will never be done, but that's ok.
Living the old car life, a few little victories, and a lot of expensive lessons, but I love every minute of it.

Camaro clutch has been bled and that exhaust rattle has been silenced. No leaks that I could see but I suppose some fluid could be pooling in the slave dust boot. Too much trouble to check that though since I have no inspection cover and the slave is impossible to even look at with the trans still in the car.

After leaving the shop I went and had some fun on some twisty backroads. Gotta love a 6 speed manual with a Hurst short throw. Especially when the clutch engages smoothly and consistently!

Felt good to finally wrench on something again. I've been so busy with school I haven't had the chance or drive to since summer.

Drinking some beer , cooking out and waxing the Cuda. With 70 degrees here next 3 days will put on some miles. Love it hardly any winter here in central Illinois

-
Back