What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Nothing that can't be done with a flathead screwdriver for the next 500 hundred miles or snow, whichever comes first!
Ten years of wrenching, I'm just gonna drive it awhile.

cold and rain for the next 4 days
So, that's the best time to finish the 360-1 heads (square port)

welded up the center exhaust ports
to spread them and make them fit
w-2 oval port header flanges better

008_zps87tbjosp.jpg

003_zpsax2oswjp.jpg

010_zpsh6eunxk6.jpg

012_zpsu2zdf0ec.jpg

Enjoyed another "Last ride of the year" today up the NH seacoast. Always get buzzed by the rumbling drone at 2000 RPM that my 383 a-body produces. A couple of minor launches to up the excitement factor, and then back to Nirvana. A real pretty drive on a clear day. Couldn't believe it was Christmas Day. Lots of people at the beaches, loving the warm temps.
Meanwhile, the sleds are waiting patiently in their trailer, waiting for some white stuff.

got started with the engine removal process today - drained the radiator, got the fan out, got the alt. out, pulled the dizzy and the carb., disconnected the headers from the exhaust - just the "easy" stuff really, but it all takes time... and I wasn't really up for it but it sure ain't coming out by itself... :twisted: thank you straightlinespeed for the motivation..

Attachments

• 100_3373.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 100_3568.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 255
got started with the engine removal process today - drained the radiator, got the fan out, got the alt. out, pulled the dizzy and the carb., disconnected the headers from the exhaust - just the "easy" stuff really, but it all takes time... and I wasn't really up for it but it sure ain't coming out by itself... :twisted: thank you straightlinespeed for the motivation..

Yay for you, Mike!! You're right, it won't come out by itself, but you're already well on your way!! I'll be right behind you pulling the motor from my blue car for the 340 transplant!!!

I'm working on interior items at present!! Gathered up 8 good arm rest bases to clean up and paint, one set for each car! Also broke free the nuts that were fused to the threads on the bucket seat mounting stands!! Been spraying them down and heating them up for 2 weeks!!

Got the rims and tires changed over on the red S car, and got the hood hinges all lubed up, freed up the rusty guide wheels, and resprung them!!

Gathered all of the interior trim pieces for both cars to scuff and paint tomorrow, just going to do the red car as the grey car has a Citreon colored interior and I'm still trying to get a paint match for the interior stuff so it matches the door panels! If it's warm enough out tomorrow, I'll paint the upper door frames and all of the interior metal trim of the red car, so I can hang the door panels and mount the seats!!

I'm installing my new external voltage regulator.
I have my dash out at the moment because I'm replacing my wiring harness.

Undecided whether to try and paint the front of the dash...it's in "pretty good" condition. ...should I or should I leave it alone?!

Jeff

Today I pulled my GTS out of the rental storage garage and put her into the heated garage in our new house. :)

We closed just before Christmas and the rain let up today so I was able to go get her and move her into her new home...

Attachments

• garage 1a.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 232
  • garage 2a.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 232
  • Garage b.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 249
Today I pulled my GTS out of the rental storage garage and put her into the heated garage in our new house. :)

We closed just before Christmas and the rain let up today so I was able to go get her and move her into her new home...

I love that Dart.
Probably the only other a-body I would want besides my 'Cuda

Jeff

I'm installing my new external voltage regulator.
I have my dash out at the moment because I'm replacing my wiring harness.

Undecided whether to try and paint the front of the dash...it's in "pretty good" condition. ...should I or should I leave it alone?!

Jeff

I don't know, I think it looks pretty good to me!!

It looks really happy in there!! Congrats on the new digs!!!

I don't know, I think it looks pretty good to me!!

I think you're right. ....I want to avoid "while I'm at it" so i can get it running for Spring. ....
I still need to install the dash harness, dash, engine harness, the ENGINE, and....I wanna rebuild the front end. ....

I think I should leave the dash face alone!!!!!

Jeff

I think you're right. ....I want to avoid "while I'm at it" so i can get it running for Spring. ....
I still need to install the dash harness, dash, engine harness, the ENGINE, and....I wanna rebuild the front end. ....

I think I should leave the dash face alone!!!!!

Jeff

Well, the flip side of that is now that while it's out is the time to do it right. You will spend a lot of time looking at that dash face looong after everything else is done.

You don't want to be thinking later that "I should have cleaned that up when I had the chance."

Well, the flip side of that is now that while it's out is the time to do it right. You will spend a lot of time looking at that dash face looong after everything else is done.

You don't want to be thinking later that "I should have cleaned that up when I had the chance."

Lol....yes...that's true.....ugh - I hate decisions like this!

Jeff

Pull the 727 out of the 64 dart. Install the rack in the 40 Plymouth for the last time I hope. Pull the left head on the 496 and check piston to cylinder wall clearance. I have scuff marks on lower part of all cylinder walls. And I think to much clearance when all pistons are at the top of the bore

rock and roll!! Congrats Dave!!

Taking pictures of the sub-frame connectors, ladder bar crossmember, and coil-over crossmember to update my build thread. I'll get some pictures of the mini-tub that is currently underway as well. I plan to weld the floor back down today for the area I had to cut for access for installing the coil-over crossmember and hopefully get one of the tubs welded in.

Hahaha, keep us posted on the progress! I wish you better luck than I had.

today - finished the easy, "clean" prep work - headers are loose, oil drained and access panel I cut last time I did this is out (see pic) - hopefully tomorrow it's elbows deep and motor out.. cosgig, how's it coming with the blue car? probably could have done more but the hoist and engine stand were out back in storage and that took some time to get done.. NEVER enough storage space...

Attachments

• 100_3593.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 100_3597.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 186
Unpacking and checking the Carter 4295S AVS rebuildable core I just bought from a member. Correct carb for a 67 273 Commando automatic trans car. Now I just have to decide whether to build it and use it or build it and sell it.
DR-----:coffee2:

today - finished the easy, "clean" prep work - headers are loose, oil drained and access panel I cut last time I did this is out (see pic) - hopefully tomorrow it's elbows deep and motor out.. cosgig, how's it coming with the blue car? probably could have done more but the hoist and engine stand were out back in storage and that took some time to get done.. NEVER enough storage space...

Nice idea! That makes those bolts so much easier.

-
Back