What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
I was
Got my 2007 mustang GT prepped, started and out of its long term slumber for the local cruise night thats going to happen this saturday night. Car has been in long term storage up on jackstands, and under a cover, with the battery removed since 2013. Took a day off work, and took a nice trip in it today About 150 -160 miles or so. Ran great. Average speed 75 - 85 mph. Got about 21 ave mpg. It has about 8,400 miles on it now. Extremely low for a 2007 i know.

I need to drive this car more often. Its no wonder guys have harleys, sport bikes, muscle cars etc. Its like a mental sanity machine. I took about 4-5 hours and just enjoyed some alone time listening to that back beat V8 boogie coming from the pipes and heading down the highway.

View attachment 1714974878

View attachment 1714974879
going to reply to the thread, but after that last pic, I can`t - throwing up !-------------------- well not really !

Going to finish looming up wires, try to finish installing the new radio harness and maybe even power everything up. Does anyone else gate a-body wiring?

I was

going to reply to the thread, but after that last pic, I can`t - throwing up !-------------------- well not really !

Are you for real ?!?
Well thats ok. I happen to like my mustang. Got a friend at work who has an 05 in almost the same color. A coworker came up to us one day recently, and asked us if we both got douche cards and aviators glasses from the dealer when we bought our "douche canoes" i was like well damn i didnt know the douche card and aviators sunglasses were part of the deal when i bought it, or i certainly would have signed on the dotted line to join the club. He must have been jealous i guess, who knows, who cares either.

IMHO its a damn good car for the money. You could option it the way you wanted it, " douche canoe" accessories optional of course. Challenger was still a figment back then with teaser shots of a show car. I never really was an E body fan back in the day, plus i always loved the look of the 67/68 mustang fastbacks.

I test drove an 07 charger R/T and told the salesman it makes all the right noises, but it needed the 69 charger B body styling, 2 less doors, and 3 pedals on the floor before i would concider it. I told him i can see this being a police car, and they should have named it a Dodge Monaco.

Matt

Last edited:
Installing a different driveshaft. With the slip yoke shoved into the trans I only ha did 1/2" between the u joint and rear yoke. Ideally I was looking for 52" center to center but I could only find a 51.5". Eventually going to have one built but it will have to do for now. Figure I'd be better off slightly too short than too long.

The old shaft ate the rear output seal as well.

1475203428_zps4nbyg1ni.jpg

1475203544_zpsxnfmmat9.jpg

Last edited:
Ouch ^^^^

Cleaned off the bug splatter from last week and a little polish on 30 year old wheels, they we're looking a tad dull. Another mostly Chevy show tomorrow, all my Mopar friends are busy. Will see how it goes!

image.jpeg

Got best paint award today! Only Mopar, however 69dartmatt and his lovely young daughter came by to say hello. Thanx for coming by Matt!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Have both front fenders and front fascia color sanded, tomorrow I will buff them out with three grades of compound and loose fit them on the car so I can gap them with the hood.

got pulled over today
My friend Ralph, in his Blown Road Runner and I were paired up at the light.
light turned green
and blue behind us.

I didn't think we did anything wrong,
Cop just wanted to know where we were going > to a small car show
want to check them out, also had my pit bike hanging out of the trunk..
in case I ran out of fuel....lol

he said he used to have a AAR Cuda, misses it

SAM_3765_zpsijft1iln.jpg

Thanks DR

Been working the solution to the mounting brackets for this in my head for a week now. I may go with .032" stainless bonded on, and fiberglassed over, then drilled and riveted for good measure. I may use countersunk rivets and putty over em so they arent seen.

Just got back from a week on the road with the Duster. Ran by one farm that had some chem-igation going on with windy conditions blowing it over the road... then on the way home a short patch of fresh asphalt. Spent the morning cleaning off bugs, chemicals and tar...
C

Just got back from a week on the road with the Duster. Ran by one farm that had some chem-igation going on with windy conditions blowing it over the road... then on the way home a short patch of fresh asphalt. Spent the morning cleaning off bugs, chemicals and tar...
C

Can't make the show at WR this weekend, dog sitter again plus a funeral when the h-cane leaves north FL. Best of luck wish we could be there!

Just been driving her this past week!! Take it almost everywhere I go and she hasn't skipped a beat!

image.jpg

First I will power up my wideband and calibrate it. Then pull the car out and paint the grille side of the core support black after proper masking. Then finish painting the inside of the front fascia black after proper masking. Then put the car back in and begin installing the fenders and fascia.
I will probably drive the car a few miles just because I effin CAN!!!!!

Did rough cutout of the center of my fan shroud, and trimmed off the excess fiberglass on the edges.

20161008_105912.jpg

Took The Scamp out for a drive around town.... That is all.... OK, I always drive my 77 D150.. Had to pick up crown molding at Home Depot...Oh and picked up a Bail of Straw for Holloween the Wife wanted...
Can you drive your Dodges to much????? >>>>> Not..... LOL

-
Back