What are you runnin on your Dart/Duster?

-
Wowsers. You got some serious clearance. Is that a stock hotchkis bar? Or has that one been "bent" by them/you?

Are you using factory sway bar mount LCA's? And what size is it?

67-72 Hotchkis bar out of the box. Dusters and 67-69 Barracudas and also 67+ Valiants seem to have less clearance than Darts at the front fender forward edge. The Darts slant forward where the others are almost straight down.

Im starting with one of Denny's K members and actually moving the wheel out 1" we'll see what it takes to make it work.
heres one of the 315s
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000048.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 311
It really depends on what size rim you want to use. When I bought the car it had 15" rear and 14" front. I didn't want that, and when I put my Dana in, the disc brake conversion made the calipers hit the rims. It was a golden opportunity to go 15" all around. I can tell you that I run 15X8 in the back with P295/50R15 BFG Radial TA. An 8" rim is really pushing it for that wide a tire. They are maybe a quarter inch from the leaf spring. There is no going wider without tubbing it out and moving the spring mounts. The fronts I went with 15X6 and P205/60R15. I tried P215/65R15 and they fit, but I was worried about clearing if I hit a bump. Also, I wanted about the same overall diameter as my old rear tires, which were a bit smaller. I like the look, it fills the wheel wells pretty nicely, and I don't ever have a tire hit or rub. What more can you ask?

66' Dart GT, /6, Hellwig front & rear sway bars, PST 1" torsion bars, SSBC front disc brake conversion kit will I be putting some REV 100 classic's 15x6 in front and 15x7 in the rear soon. I need to find either a A-body 8 1/4 with BBP or a 7 1/4 with the BBP. for the rear's to clear with out spacer that I use with my current SSB 7 1/4.

It really depends on what size rim you want to use. When I bought the car it had 15" rear and 14" front. I didn't want that, and when I put my Dana in, the disc brake conversion made the calipers hit the rims. It was a golden opportunity to go 15" all around. I can tell you that I run 15X8 in the back with P295/50R15 BFG Radial TA. An 8" rim is really pushing it for that wide a tire. They are maybe a quarter inch from the leaf spring. There is no going wider without tubbing it out and moving the spring mounts. The fronts I went with 15X6 and P205/60R15. I tried P215/65R15 and they fit, but I was worried about clearing if I hit a bump. Also, I wanted about the same overall diameter as my old rear tires, which were a bit smaller. I like the look, it fills the wheel wells pretty nicely, and I don't ever have a tire hit or rub. What more can you ask?

Is your dana narrowed to aa a body length? What is the backspace to fit the 295 you used? Because I'm lookin at tire choices and rearends for my 73 duster as well.

yes, but the $600-$800 per rim and more for the rubber will have to wait until I win the lottery. What I should have done was cut the axle shorter than a standard A body length. It sucks when your math is wrong. But they look cool at this point.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo495.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 312
Is your dana narrowed to aa a body length? What is the backspace to fit the 295 you used? Because I'm lookin at tire choices and rearends for my 73 duster as well.

Everything is stock specs. The Dana, the backspace, etc... I bought the Dana new for my car. It was built to a body specs. I am working Wednesday and can check what the backspace was when I get there. I wanted as close to factory as possible.

Everything is stock specs. The Dana, the backspace, etc... I bought the Dana new for my car. It was built to a body specs. I am working Wednesday and can check what the backspace was when I get there. I wanted as close to factory as possible.

Ok thanks it would be greatly appreciated. Front and back please.
Who did you order the dana from? Do you think you could fit a taller tire on the rear? like a 60 or 70 series?
Sorry to ask so many questions.

Ok thanks it would be greatly appreciated. Front and back please.
Who did you order the dana from? Do you think you could fit a taller tire on the rear? like a 60 or 70 series?
Sorry to ask so many questions.

I found a guy at Mopars in the Park last year that had a great price. He builds them and sells them new. He was packing up and offered me a better deal, but I had no way to get it home and he wasn't local. I found him on eBay and called him. He gave me an even better deal if I bypassed eBay and saved him the fees. Here is a link to one he has now. Call him for a better deal. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dana-60-for...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e6ef39fd4&vxp=mtr

I could go with a taller tire because my rear end sits high and is very firm, but it's going to get weaker with time and I don't want to chance hitting. Why do you want such tall tires? What are you trying to accomplish?

Okay. I went with Pacer wheels. The rear 15X8 are a -22 offset with a 3.67 backspace and the fronts are a 15X7 with a -13 offset and a 3.49 backspace. I wanted 15X10 for the rear but they don't have them anywhere.

I'm running stock at the moment, but I had a question for the guys here!

Looking at some Chrysler rims. They're 17x7s. less than 4.5 backspace. Overall height is just shy of 28" with the tires on. Will that fit under the front/rear, you think? Seems like the backspacing would be alright, but would I have to go with a lower profile tire? The ones on it are 215 65 17.

I've seen people saying that they're running things /close/ to that in the front. (and these are narrower than some that people say they're running), but the height is what concerns me. I haven't seen anyone running anything 28" tall yet.

What do you mean looking at crysler rims? Like latemodel ones?

Indeed. Newer rims. Frankly, I just want something other than the 4 inch wide ones with trash-can-lid hubcaps that I currently have, and there's a guy selling a full set, with tires, very cheap.

Those should hold me over until one day I can afford some torque thrusts ;3

-
Back