What ball stud for Lakewood small block shield?

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
I picked up a nice used Lakewood for my 360. I did a search and didn't really find a good answer. What ball stud/bracket do I need to put on to make my 73 Duster and this Lakewood work? Thanks guys.

Post a picture of your Bell Housing- I'm pretty sure I have the Ball Stud you may need.
tpg

Can you tell from these pics ?

IMG_1752.JPG

IMG_1753.JPG

IMG_1754.JPG

The one I have will definitely work for you. I'm going hydraulic and won't need it. Hey, it came on my bell so to me it's a freebee. I'm going to nip the entire bracket off my bell/scattershield with a cut off wheel. even thought it is as clean as it can be- it may take a little heat to back the stud out. I'm betting it's been in there for a few years. Send me your address and $3.00 for shipping and you may have it. The USPO is only 3 miles from my house.
tpg I've been on PayPal since '07 if that helps. PM me on that.

The pictures. It'll be on it's way to you today. I cut the bracket off even though you don't need it. Just keeping my way clear for exhaust and hydraulic clutch lines.
Thank You,
tpg

20170206_171059.jpg

20170206_171105.jpg

Trying to understand what I have and how it goes together. What's the bolt for on my bell? The hole is where the ball stud goes through next to the bolt that's screwed in? See above pics in thread.

My bet is that someone rigged a different Z Bar to this bell housing/scatter shield. No worries, you only need my ball stud. You'll use the upper threaded hole. Don't forget- these aftermarket bell housing/scatter shield's were made to fit several different engines for marketability.
tpg

I understand. Hey, I have a welder and a grinder. It WILL fit. Haha. Thanks buddy.

That's where I'm confused.
I sent you what you need. Do a preliminary mock up. You shouldn't have any problems.
Again, these bell housing/scatter shields were designed to fit many different engines, it many different body styles. What I sent you came out of an A Body. When you see it you will understand.
tpg

Yeah see I have not welded up the bracket for the z bar. So I can totally custom fit this thing. Thanks.

-
Back