What bimetal choke pull-off?

-

Kernel Sanders

eating chicken wings and drinking beer
Reaction score
I have an old bimetal choke pulloff from my original cast intake I was hoping on using but unfortunately the 'cup' for it on the M1 is not deep enough to accommodate it.

I dont want to go manual choke so is there one that will fitor do I trim the old one to fit? (its the ring on the spring to adjust the tension that hits the bottom of the cup).

Thank you in advance for your input

Attachments

• Mopar Part # P4532061.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 139
This what you're showing us appears to use a '70-'72 style choke well with the bolt-in stamped steel cup atop an open stove hole, rather than the cast-in choke pocket. The choke thermostat you need (not the pull-off; that's the vacuum diaphragm up on the carburetor) if you want a factory-type unit, therefore, is a '70-'72 item for whatever kind of carburetor you're using. You'll be hunting for New Old Stock; they're no longer manufactured.

If I were in your shoes I would probably contact CarbsOnly for one of their Electric choke kits -- the linked post contains numbers for the various slant-6 kits, but they also make them for V8s.

Hi Dan

Thank you kindly for reply and info and yes I did a little research and found that its the thermostat not pull-off. No wonder I could not find it eh? lol pull offs are a completely different animal.

This is more what I'm looking for (see pic) and not the older ones as you mentioned that are recessed into the cast in pocket, which yes it the type I do have.

I will definately look into the Electric kit ones you mentioned as the NOS onses I seen on ebag are WOW expensive! lol

Again thank you very much for the info Dan, have a great day!

Troy

Attachments

• thermostat.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 114
-
Back