What brake hose? B body 8.75 in Duster

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
This is a dumb question. I'm putting a late 60's B body 8.75 rear in my 73 Duster. What brake hose do I need to use for this conbo? B body? A body?

This is a dumb question. I'm putting a late 60's B body 8.75 rear in my 73 Duster. What brake hose do I need to use for this conbo? B body? A body?

It's not dumb. Mopar moved the vent location on the 8 3/4's around '70, which moved the brake tee on the housing. The length of the hose is all over the place according to the books, 67-69 used a 14.5" hose, 70/71 used a 13.6" long hose, 72 used a 14" hose. That's what the parts catalogs show anyway, using a 340 as the engine so the rear would always be an 8 3/4.

I find that depending on the routing the stock hoses are a little short anyway, so I use a Dorman #H10304. It's 17" long, and uses the same fittings so it will screw right into the tee/vent block. Since the vent location changed by year and the B-rears used several locations, the longer hose is a safe bet. It's not a bad deal considering the placement of the shocks, routing of the exhaust, location of the tee etc.

At the least I would use the 14.5" hose, Raybestos #BH24058. You can cross reference those numbers, those are just the specs I could find online.

this is not a dumb question and very useful thread ....I had the same question.

I am upgrading my 68 coronet to a dana so I put the original 8 3/4 in a 74 duster so I am running into the same exact thing.

thanks for asking the question and thanks for the reply :)

Thank you 72blu for your answer. I asked the exact same question onto an existing thread about 3 days, but I didn't get an answer.

I normally use a coat hangar and bend and route my custome lines. Then straighten out the hanger after I clip it. Then it's simple to measure it. However this is going to be a weekend swap. I'm parts gathering now so when I off work I can attack it and just do it. FYI my rear axle is about 55" from flange to flange which puts it near a 68 I believe. Anyway, the T is also just left of the pumpkin buldge on the drivers side. I see no reason a longer one would hurt. Thanks.

Use the hose that fits the car. the mount on cars varies in shape of the hole it slips through for the clip to attach and hold the hose while tightening the metal line. You can always drill and tap the rear housing to put the hose where it was on your housing. Just a thought

-
Back