what can i expect for performance?

-

Pirate duster

Reaction score
found out today that my gear ratio is not what was told to me. got a 318 w/.040 bore, 360 heads, performer air gap intake, dome pistons, cant think of cam right now, prolly cause im a little upset, 750 eddy in front of 904. with 2.76 gears. man that sucks. tires are 245/50R14. can i even lay rubber down with those gears? lol. whats the fun factor with those gears?

Mines' a 5.9 with a similar setup (stock cam) and it has no problems with :burnout:

will be great for the highway... bad for fast starts. but it's going to put lots of stress on the tranny/universals/yokes. i broke a yoke once with 323's.

your best bet is to save a little money back so you can get a different rear, you see lots of them for sale on here. if you can get a 3:91:1 or 4.11's or so you can still drive on the street ok, but highway cruising will suck.

hopefully you can find something reasonable, with a suregrip also.

what type of rear axle do you have? dr. diff (Cass) can set you up with stuff you need to change the gears if you have a decent 8 1/4 or 8 3/4 rear. his website is doctordiff.com

i got 8 1/4. im hoping it'll hold up. ill change out the rear prolly next year when i change my brakes over.

So you did what we were talking about and determined the ratio? Was it a suregrip or pegleg?

pegleg. im pretty heartbroken. oh well though. atleast im learning what my car can and cant do. know what i mean?

and i did it 3 times to make sure i was right. i said on the last rotation, "damn it" and my son goes "whats wrong with the pirate ship now". lol. i said nothing. it just aint gonna sail off fast enough. LOL

found out today that my gear ratio is not what was told to me. got a 318 w/.040 bore, 360 heads, performer air gap intake, dome pistons, cant think of cam right now, prolly cause im a little upset, 750 eddy in front of 904. with 2.76 gears. man that sucks. tires are 245/50R14. can i even lay rubber down with those gears? lol. whats the fun factor with those gears?
hell yes,it'll spin that one tire non stop...

-
Back