What can I expect?

-
53000 mi? Or 153000? I have the same car and though the odometer says 57000 mi on mine the cars actual mi is 157000. The easiest way to tell is if the seat is well worn and the drivers door is sagging and harder to shut than the other passenger doors. How's it running currently? There is alot of potential in these motors. The 1920carb is a economy gas sipper, but if you want more power you need to get a 2bbl or 4bbl carb so the the motor can breathe more.The slant can be turbocharged. The slant is a really tough motor and is hard to kill!

With proper maintenence, you can expect a reliable engine that will get around 20 MPG. In stock form it will have adequate power but nothing to brag about. If you own it long enough, you'll need to replace the exhaust manifold and fix oil leaks more often than what you'd desire but otherwise it's a very good engine.

It is 53,787 not 153,787 The car is a survivor. It runs great and it very clean. It is unrestored except for one repaint and new front fenders. I'm looking for a civilized car not a muscle machine, already covered with a Charger on that. I'm OK with the 1920 it's powerful enough, I am going to keep it stock. I guess I want reliablity, dependability and good economy from an old car.

I think you're gonna get your wish with reliability, dependability and good economy for sure. Just keep your foot out of that 1920, she's a real BEAST!!!LOL!! Welcome to the site by the way!! Geof

Thanks. I'll try, I ususally drive the crap out of anything I can get behind the wheel of but since I have a survivor I'll have to take it easy.:D

-
Back