What can I swap, 85 cop Gran Fury to 71 valiant

-
Reaction score
My newest project is my 71 slant valiant.
Love this thing and almost to paint.
Guy down the street from me is selling an 85 Gran Fury AHB, cop car model. Has a 318 4 barrel, 8 1/4 shure grip and really cool wide steel wheels.
These are all things I planned to do in the future but I’m wondering how much from the newer fury I could swap besides the engine. It would be awesome if I could get a bunch of upgrades at one time in the same car.

would love any chance input of this..

Last edited:
Cop cars are awesome!

If it is in good shape I'd leave it alone.

Engine (might have a roller cam) Trans (998or 999 lockup) Rear? (check width). Spindles,brakes, MC. Wheels 15X7 BBP, driveshaft? (shorten), steering box w PS

The front brakes will work if you have the large upper ball joint, or a spacer for the little one. Use the entire spindle. The cop cars have larger diameter caliper pistons too. The rear axle will be a little wide but might have a sure grip. It will be a roller block but it may or may not have the roller cam installed. Should have 360 heads. Power steering box will work, but maybe not the drag link.

The police 318's were roller cam blocks but had flat tappet hydraulic cams, the old 340 cam I've heard. I think 1985 was the transition year for roller cam motors. 999 transmission and a way to wide 8 1/4 rear with 2.94 gears and a Sure[Grip, to install in your A Body 8 1/4 when you get one. They used a lot of premium parts in those police 318's.

-
Back