What car did these seats come from?

-

Lance Lot Link

Chronologically Challenged
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Bought this car, 1970 340 Duster-4spd., Y01 yellow. No eng. or trans.Had these seats in it, which I'm going to guess 1971 Challenger but not an expert by any means. Anyone know what car these came from and whether 1970 Duster vinyl seat covers will fit these seats? Note: The back seat has the shorter medallions in it, 3-1/4" and no cloth or buttons. I now have the longer medallions (5") and the legendary seat covers for the buckets but there's no indicator on those covers for medallions, like where they go. Just measure to center and locate on cover on headrest?

20231026_180653.jpg

20231026_180641.jpg

They look like early 70s buckets, but from what, I'm not sure. IIRC the plastic back covers went from squared off upper edges to rounded edges, or vice-versa, mid to late 71? I had an original 71 Challenger but the seat back release buttons don't look familiar. They could be from an early A Body Duster/Demon & might be the original seats to THAT car. I'm also pretty sure someone here will know exactly what they are.

They've been recovered but they look like 72-74 A/B/E buckets.

Early 1971 Duster Demon seats with inserts replaced. The beading going to the top of the seat and the french seam going across are the give away . Early 1971's had the metal hinge covers and black buttons same as 1970 . Later were full plastic backs with hinge covers attached and had smaller chrome buttons same as 1972. first pic is 71-72 second is 70-71.

Second picture the stitching on the back is wrong . This was done by Legendary int. They did the french seam to the top and the beading across and wouldn't fix them because they were bought at a show Carlisle Pa.. They sucked to deal with. Always use a third party with them.

100_0125.JPG

21.jpg

They dont look comfortable at all, I imagine a overweight guy or gal would have broken those seats right quick. Its a good thing people were generallly not too heavy back in the day...

Yeah they look like early Duster although I thought the 70/71 A/E bodies had metal hinge covers. They could have been replaced.

Those are the right seats for your car, just need to get the correct foam and covers.

Thanks for helping me identify them
I guess it doesn't matter a lot at some point because the car is not original numbers matching. But I reall appreciate the help because I want the car to be all a body. Here's a pic of the ones I will try to put on there, and another pic of the back of current bucket. I'm going to do it myself, I hope. Starting another thread soon on restoring my Rallye dash.

20231029_010043.jpg

20231029_010101.jpg

20231026_180635.jpg

you'll need to find the Chrome medallions same as the back seat. I have and extra back seat if interested for parts

-
Back