What Carb?

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Hey all. I just picked up a "new" 225. I was told it had a basic overhual around 2k miles ago. It has a header (brand unknown) and an Offy 4bbl intake with a Holley 600cfm carb. I have read a few post here and there and I think the 600 is a bit big for a stock motor. What would ya'll recommend I put on it?
When I install in car and get the motor running and check it all out, I will be installing an elect ignition. Also the car, 72 Swinger, still has small exhaust system. I will up grade that I hope by the end of summer. Will a single 2 1/4 in be good? It is just a street driven car but I want it to be a little fun. Also swaping out the 7 1/4 rear for a 8 1/4, 3.?? gears with a suregrip. Tires will be 225x60 15's.
Let me hear your thoughts. I hope to have it back together by the end on April. Thanks for all your help.

Jeff
I would go to an Eddy 500cfm 140X 4 or 5 depending on choke likes. Or if your a Holley man then a 390 cfm 4150 or 60. I prefer the Eddys myself. 8 1/4 is fine 3.23 or 3.55s are fun.
2 1/4 is the best size for the exhaust.
Recurve the dist. HEI upgrade and extended tip plugs will help. NGK Zfr5n I think is the number.
If you have the cash a Converter upgrade to 2500 is a good way to get some good fun and pep as well.
Good Luck,
Frank

Frank,
Thanks for the words of wisdom. I am by no means a Holley guy. SO it will most depend on when and how much $$$$$ I have at the time to get one. I would like to have elect choke but the car not driven much during winter. That is my time for winter projects. I think the rear is 3.23's i know I just got it but for the life of me I can't remember what was said. Maybe to much drinks at the time.
Converter will have to wait for just a little while. I now have an extra motor so I can drive and get the motor worked on when I can.
And once again thanks for the advice.

-
Back