What color for my '66 Dart RHD Dash

-

1966DartConvertible

Reaction score
Hi.

Prior to restoration, the dash was silver with chrome surround (faded and looked more like gold in the picture). This was when the interior was "oceans of black".

P1000991.jpg

Now that the interior is mix beige/tan seats and doorcards with a white exterior, I was wondering what color should I paint the dashcover. I cant find a decent place around here that would do chrome on plastics - there was one but he wanted $250 bucks!! I tried silver paint but looked fugly... i.e. not the same as chrome.

P1030608.jpg

P1030768.jpg

Some Valiant VCs in Australia (which has the same Dash as my RHD Dart) had all white dashcover

090328_02.jpg

dashboard.jpg

I was thinkin' either painting the whole thing beige/tan following the theme of the interior, or all white (like the exterior) with some black lining around the perimeter.

Hmm... decisions... decisions...

i like your rhd car ! i have a 66 dart convert in australia but LHD i would follow your interior color scheme , you are correct about the aussie vc dash ,pretty much the same thang , i bought a vc to covert my dodge to RHD but i have now decided to leave the dodge LHD as it is to nice to cut up ...
nice car mate!:)

i like your rhd car ! i have a 66 dart convert in australia but LHD i would follow your interior color scheme , you are correct about the aussie vc dash ,pretty much the same thang , i bought a vc to covert my dodge to RHD but i have now decided to leave the dodge LHD as it is to nice to cut up ...
nice car mate!:)

Thanks mate! Show me some pictures of your '66 Dart :)

I agree with you cutting the dash is a n0-no ... btw I always thought its illegal to register a car in Aust as LHD? I mean all American cars in Australia that i've seen are all either professionally converted or factory RHD. I guess im wrong...

PS: My wife is a Curtin Uni Perth graduate, and dad was at Univ of Queensland. As you can see we love the 'OZ' Hospitality hehe.

Not meaning to jump in on AUSSIE DART, but to answer your question YES, all states in Oz allow LHD registration. Some conditions but it is available ( at long last!).
I have 3 LHD imports and left 'em all left hook.

-
Back