what color should I paint my suspension?

-
None taken at all rudmover! You are totally right about the lack of rust prevention in powder coating.

That's why I've always used a phosphate based metal conditioner / rust inhibitor called LiquiGuard on every part I coat. There are formulations for both ferrous and non-ferrous metals, each with its own characteristics to protect the underlying metal from corrosion.

The type of rust you speak of resulting from a chip is called "creep," one of three major reasons that powder coating fails. It allows moisture / dirt / the elements to invade between the powder and the substrate metal, eventually separating the two. Chipping can be caused by excessive force (though it's much more durable than paint), improper metal preparation and/or insufficient curing.

Your M-1 would run about $90 give or take before your FABO discount is applied, plus the return shipping, depending on a number of factors (how clean it is when it gets here, the color(s) you choose, repairs that may be needed, etc.). Every job is quoted individually so a few photos will help me give you a more accurate quote. There's a bunch of information on my website's Pricing & Shipping page to help you save money, as well as ballpark Automotive and Motorcycle Price Lists.

-
Back