What color should my carb be? and air cleaner Q

-

coffeedart67

Reaction score
Just got my carb back from being rebuilt, and wondering what color it should be original. Right now it is bare casting. Oh yeah, 67 273, 2 barrel.
Might polish up a pair of Cal Custom valve covers (circa 1974 according to the box) and trying to think of a air cleaner, have a chrome mopar performance air cleaner, like the shape but it is a little bigger than I would like. Have a homemade adapter plate, ok its the cut out bottom of a 2 barrel snorkle air cleaner that I use instead of the four barrel bottom. Anyone have any ideas on air cleaner?
DSC00521.jpg

IIRC, Carter didn't put any coating on their carburetors as Holley did.

The valve covers and and air cleaner combination you have will look good when everything is cleaned up. Your solution of a 2-bbl housing cut down for a base is as good as any. It avoids linkage interference that sometimes frustrates homemade bases.

If you want some color, talk to CudaChick1968. She and I did a set of finned aluminum covers for my 318, (now used as her avatar, too). She's a straight talker, will work with you, and cut you a better deal as a FABO member.

-
Back