What color should they be ?

-

Holy Roller

Reaction score
What color should the push buttons be on the A/C heater control be in a 68 barracuda ? Mine are a yellowish color....

clear with white writing and separate chrome surrounds.

clear tends to yellow, surrounds tend to come loose.

...I've seen black instead of clear on a very few specimens and have not researched why

clear with white writing and separate chrome surrounds.

clear tends to yellow, surrounds tend to come loose.

...I've seen black instead of clear on a very few specimens and have not researched why
Does anyone make new repops ?

They are the same up to at least 1971 or 72 IIRC and also used on 66/67 Coronet/Charger.

The buttons are clear in the middle because there is a light bulb behind them. The painted lettering stands out as black at night when the light glows through the buttons.

The buttons are clear in the middle because there is a light bulb behind them. The painted lettering stands out as black at night when the light glows through the buttons.
It looks like I might have to replace mine, they're kind of yellow. I may try to buff them a little and see what happens.

my 68 form S had chrome ones on it, just like the seat adjuster knobs. who knows ???
Thats what we have, maybe it's yellow because the chrome finish came off. But if that were the case, you would think there would be some traces of the chome.

The chrome should be a thin metal sleeve.

The adhesive separates and the button becomes difficult to push.

If they're yellowing, it's probably the plastic all the way through.

-
Back