what color silver for 71 Demon Grill

-

HemiMark

Reaction score
71 Demon grill..... is this argent? Also, i'm assuming that the black is a semi gloss

Attachments

• headlight.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 244
I will take a shot at this. I am on smart phone so I cant copy and paste my link, but if you go to my resto thread " barn find 72 Duster" you will see a post where I restored my tailights. I have been using this system for many years and think the paint is dead on to the factory color. Will use this same process for my sharktooth grille. The sliver has alot of flake in it and need to dry for a few day before moving on to clear. Hope this helps...

I know this will sound cheep and cheesy but if you use Krylon Dull Aluminum #1403, 99% of Mopar fans won't know the difference.

You should be able to get it locally for about $4.99 a can.

I have been using it for years.

dull aluminum or wheel silver is what I use. SEM trim black for the black parts.

if you wanna go the expensive route...you could go to a auto paint store and have em look it up for you. i paint and it took some searching,,,but i did find a formula in our basf computer system for that silver. just did my 72 grille last winter.

i used lc 4500 clear coat with a flattening agent to match the original finish. it ll hold up a lot longer than buzz can. more expensive yes. but i ve seen the cars you build...they re worth it.

Attachments

• 100_2388.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 201
i used lc 4500 clear coat with a flattening agent to match the original finish. it ll hold up a lot longer than buzz can. more expensive yes. but i ve seen the cars you build...they re worth it.

now that looks great...............

-
Back