WHAT COLOR ???????

-
Yeah stick with the brown shade. You could even do a Root Beer with some metallic. Definitely keep the white top.
Starting to agree with the brown shade and keeping to white top for sure.
I will go with a newer color easier to match if I have to repaint a panel later on.

If you're painting it in sections, and especially if you are not an experienced painter, I'd stay away from metallics and pearls. There are some nice non-metallic browns out there. How about that real dark "UPS" brown? I'm pretty sure there were many browns on European cars of the '70s/'80s that were not metallic too. ('76-'78 VW Date Nut Brown, '78-'79 Porsche Mocha Brown, '77-'79 Jaguar Carriage Brown, '79 Jaguar Chestnut Brown, '79-'81 BMW Sepia Brown)
1978-porsche-911-sc-tb.jpg

Porsche Mocha Brown
jaguar1977carriagebrown.jpg

Jaguar Carriage Brown
bmw21220558750.jpg

BMW Sepia Brown:thumbsup:

Last edited:
If you're painting it in sections, and especially if you are not an experienced painter, I'd stay away from metallics and pearls. There are some nice non-metallic browns out there. How about that real dark "UPS" brown? I'm pretty sure there were many browns on European cars of the '70s/'80s that were not metallic too. ('76-'78 VW Date Nut Brown, '78-'79 Porsche Mocha Brown, '77-'79 Jaguar Carriage Brown, '79 Jaguar Chestnut Brown, '79-'81 BMW Sepia Brown)
View attachment 1715242248
Porsche Mocha Brown
View attachment 1715242249
Jaguar Carriage Brown
View attachment 1715242250
BMW Sepia Brown
I have no problem painting been doing it for about 50 years now but I do like the solid color brown.

Sunburst orange is what I have. I love it. But the dark brown is good too. I had a buddy in high school who had a dark brown dart. It was fast, I’m pretty sure it was the paint. Also at night under gas station lights the sunburst orange looks brown. So you can have both colors

Sunburst orange is what I have. I love it. But the dark brown is good too. I had a buddy in high school who had a dark brown dart. It was fast, I’m pretty sure it was the paint. Also at night under gas station lights the sunburst orange looks brown. So you can have both colors
Is your sunburst orange ppg? Do you have more photos of it?

BD735A53-9088-4711-A612-4851874A5494.png
A94DEF07-DAEE-4647-9D97-23F22D78977A.png
Sunburst orange mettalic is ppg sprayed over white primer. As you can see it looks different color in different lighting and shade. Some digital cameras it comes out bright red in photos.

Your car would look great in it with a pearl white top. Or the dark brown. Or any color you like. It looks sharp as is.

Me and my son in the driveway my first and only paint job. My son sprayed most of it at 14 years old. I’m a cheap bastard. The funny thing is the first car show I went to I got Best paint. And the guy parked next to me said he spent 5k on his and I spent $500 he was pissed when I got the trophy. It is about 9 years old and needs a repaint I don’t think I prepped it right and a few cracks. I told my wife I don’t need another car to work on. If I get the itch I will just tear this one apart and do it again. Since I won’t have to buy a car or parts. We practiced on semi truck body first that. (Large canvas)

Asking what color to paint your car is like asking what size and shape woman is best in bed!!

Buddy had a AAR Cuda years ago that had its original rootbeer paint. An unusual color for sure and I thought it looked very cool on that car!
( I prefer petite size they are cheaper.... eat less and smaller size jeans!).( No I don't want one that has to have those $150 jeans!) ha

-
Back