What covers headliner at back glass?

-

my5thmopar

Life Long MOPAR Owner
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is probably a newbie question but.....1972 Swinger. Is there molding or glue or what? I can't seem to figure out how the headliner is secured at the rear window. I have a new bow headliner and rods that the previous owner gave me. The front and side seem to have a trim molding.

Craig

There are teeth around the edge of the glass opening that hold the head liner material after it is stretched into shape. There are also two pieces of a metal trim piece that splits in the middle that screws into the opening to cover the uglies. The trim is usually painted the interior color. You didn't mention the car that you have, so what I told you is how it is done on my 71 Dart. L8r

Jim

1972 Swinger. AKA Dart. OK so I'm off to the hunt for the missing pieces. Thanks Craig

....... there are two, small bent wire hooks that snap into the roof cross member just in front of the back glass opening that hook into the last head liner bow to hold it in position at the back. You can't see them unless the head liner has been pulled away from the back opening. L8r

Jim

-
Back