What damper?

-

bbeep71

Reaction score
Looking to identify a damper. It looks like a 360 damper for cast crank. The only number on it is 50417. Looking for what year and vehicle it was installed on.
Thanks

No idea how to identify the year and vehicle it was installed on but if you have a picture or 2 I can probably identify what engine it came on, and possibly what year span. 360's used at least 3 different balancers that I know of. 71-74 was the early style that looked similar to a cast crank 340 balancer. 75- 92 was the mid style, 93 up are the magnum engine balancers.

Looks like a door stop to me...I wouldn't want it on my car.

Well I see one thing good . When the outer ring flies off the counter weight will keep it from going through the hood

That's not the actual damper in the picture. It's already on the car. I'm trying to identify it.

Just like fishy68 said....... the balancer on the left is the early style, and the one on the right is what fishy said, 75 and later 360 motor, pre magnum balancer for an externally balanced 360 motor.

Just like fishy68 said....... the balancer on the left is the early style, and the one on the right is what fishy said, 75 and later 360 motor, pre magnum balancer for an externally balanced 360 motor.

Yep, that's correct. Also note that the early 70's and 75 and up balancers have the same amount of weight offset so they will interchange. They are just a different design.

-
Back