What detail products do you use

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know guys & gals north of the mason dixon line don't want to here it, but in southern virginia car show season is here. What type of waxes, polishes, techniques are recommended out there. I have been using Adams products for several years with great success. What do you guys use.

Oldschoolcuda

meguiers!! this stuff is the bomb. will not leave scratches or swirls in black at all. barry meguier isn't smiling for nothing here.....

Sorry to be a broken record......Meguiar's here too.

Just bought the full detail package, but haven't used them yet. It seems like the way to go. Especially with the in and out spray and the tire black. If it works like they say I will be sold on it. I've tried I think almost everything. I did the meguiars stuff for a while, but never seem all that great. Really never liked the car wash soap. Tried pro line, reg. Just my opinion. Later

I have been using Zymol to detail all of my stuff. I can usually find it at Costco, or at some auto parts stores. It has almost completely brought back the 44 year old finish on my 64 Dart. I HIGHLY recommend this stuff. It is the one that comes in the light blue bottle.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule

I have been using Zymol to detail all of my stuff. I can usually find it at Costco, or at some auto parts stores. It has almost completely brought back the 44 year old finish on my 64 Dart. I HIGHLY recommend this stuff. It is the one that comes in the light blue bottle.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule

I have never used Zymol or heard of it, and not seen it at Costco here in Phx, but will look for it and give it a try.

"oldmoparsrule",,,,,,with a name 8) like that, Zymol should be a great product to compare to the Meguiar's I'm used to using.

Thanks,,,,,,to be continued.

I have never used Zymol or heard of it, and not seen it at Costco here in Phx, but will look for it and give it a try.

"oldmoparsrule",,,,,,with a name 8) like that, Zymol should be a great product to compare to the Meguiar's I'm used to using.

Thanks,,,,,,to be continued.

Your welcome. I did a quick web search, and found a website for them:

Link #1

Link #2

The version that I use is a larger plastic bottle called Zymol Cleaner Wax (Link #1). It seems like they may have expanded their line since I last purchased the product. I learned about it from a friend of mine who details cars. He was helping me with my Black Cherokee. This stuff brought back the shine very nicely.

When I bought my 64 Dart, it had not been detailed in years. It really looked bad. the paint seemed like it was shot. I tried the Zymol and it had amazing results. In fact, after going over my car twice, my neighbor came out and asked if I had painted that "old car".

The instructions have you use the product, then squirt a special water like substance over the freshly cleaned surface. It really brings out the shine.

Ok, sorry for the commercial.

Good Luck!

OldMoparsRule!

I like using Wizards "Mist & Shine" detail spray, smells good and in my opinion better than any other detail. I have used or have eagle one, Mequires, Mothers, Turtle wax detail spray and none compare to Wizards

My Dart has only had Mothers on it and the Prowler I have used 3 M show car polish

clay barred the Dart and did the Mothers 3 step cleaner, polish and wax on the Dart for a beautiful slick shine

4BBDVinsetta.jpg

I know guys & gals north of the mason dixon line don't want to here it, but in southern virginia car show season is here. What type of waxes, polishes, techniques are recommended out there. I have been using Adams products for several years with great success. What do you guys use.

Oldschoolcuda

i also use adams. great stuff.

I also use the Wizards and meguiars wax and glaze products.Also use some
products from PPC.I dont use the waxes but they have a great paint surface
spray,PERFECT DETAIL and there FORMULA 2 is great for rubber and vinyl,has
no silicone and isnt slimy.http://protectiveproductscorp.com/

We Gliptone Products here at the shop. Pretty good stuff, but I experiment with different brands all the time. I have to say the best I have ever used was Super Glaze by The Wax Shop. I have not been able to find it in quite a while.

When I did have cars that needed it, I used Meguiars . I love the quick detailer and quick wax they make. AWESOME STUFF!!! For aluminum wheels I use mothers polish.

-
Back