What did i find??

-

Small Block

Reaction score
I was in Springfield, Mo. yesterday at the swap meet(not a lot of Mopar stuff) and i ran onto an intake that i believe is very rare. No pics but a good description.
Aluminum two piece single four barrel plentum type for a 69 hemi. I resembles a dual quad cross ram but is for a single four carb. Now hear this. On the top surface someone has written " Bobby Allison " and in talking to the guy who is from florida he claims that this intake was on Allison Nascar ride back in the day. I guess the car is in a museum but he don't know what intake is on the car now. This is one big intake. Any thoughts here? He was asking $1500. I did a looooooooong look. Having given it some thought overnite i called my buddy who is still up there and told him about it and if he ran across it to offer the guy a $1000 and bring it to me. We'll see..

Sounds like the old nascar hemi intake they were only allowed to run a single four barrel on them they couldn't run the dual quad setup. I believe thay were called rat roaster intakes. I dont know what they are worth though maybe someone will be able to give you an idea and if it really is off Bobby Allison's car that sure couldnt hurt the value. Good Luck I hope you get it. Justin

-
Back