What do I get for manual steer swap?

-

friesza

The Machinist
Reaction score
OK...found a 69 valiant in local wrecking yard with a slant 6 and manual steering...I asked how much for steer box and was told 35 bucks...I said ok and pick up monday...anyway what else should I get with it...Mine is a 72 dart with power steer...I really dont want the valiants column but I know they are different from manual to power steer...I am doing this for the extra clearance it will give me.

..........u will need the coupler on the box from the column.......make sure the pitman arm comes with it.....kim.......the 6 cyl bax is 1 more turn lock to lock

Thanks....thats what I was wondering....whats the reason for keeping the pitman? I am going to put a new one on...unless its an alignment thing?

if you dont take the manual steering column, you will at least need the longer length shaft out of the donor car column, or else you will get stuck paying $100+ for an adapter

if you dont take the manual steering column, you will at least need the longer length shaft out of the donor car column, or else you will get stuck paying $100+ for an adapter

Thanks...got all of it for 35 bucks and some other stuff too

-
Back