What do ya think of my 318?

-
It's the comp 275DEH cam with about .484 lift, so not huge, and the exhaust is Doug's headers with 10 series flowmasters. I also have edelbrock heads on it with Keith black pistons running about 10:1 comp. I like it but I'm currently trying to find a good carb for it. Like I have in another post, the holley 650 is a pain, yet the eddy 750 screams but both burn real rich top end!

That thing is great!

Can you go into more detail about the exhaust? size, crossover pipe, out the back, axle dumps? A revving video would rock too. I really want to get those mufflers but I have not heard them on a small block.

I've got a 318, headers 2 1/2" exhaust, x pipe and thrush welded (flowmaster 40 series copy) and it runs out the back. It just seems too darn quiet! Darn x pipe quiets it down so much.

Yours sounds great at idle I would like to hear it revved up a bit if possible!

Thanks for the compliments! And sirdan, it end at the axels. From the end of the headers to the axel i used 3" pipe with an H-pipe. I say end because at first it sounded real "tinny" but just cutting the dumps off now it echoes more and gives it a deeper tone. Normally it idles higher but I had just put my dp on it. I'll post another vid with me revving it when I get my 750 back on it. Oh and I used to run the thrush mufflers and actually loved em, I just wanted it a little louder, and it for sure sounds wicked when you floor it!

-
Back