what do you call it

-

iggys68dart

Reaction score
i was installing a new throttle cable and there was a 3 clusters of wiring blocks on firewall so i tried to remove them and the middlle on broke and was quite corroded in side where will i find this part and what is correct name i have already clipped wires and put 8 spade ends in proper slots but i think it was waterproof for a reason

Bulk head connectors are what they are called. That is the weak link of the electrical system through the firewall.

I just went through this a few days ago on the Dart. Same thing installing a throttle cable. I have decided to rewire the entire vehicle. New fuse panel and a kit. I got a kit a few months ago for a Vette. It was $180 I think I got it at Del City; but may have gotten it elsewhere.

Old timers would drill out the connectors and straight wire through the bulkhead. I`ve seen the actual individual metal connectors advertised on Ebay. Year One may be able to help you with the connectors as they contract with a company that makes factory replacement harnesses.

Old timers would drill out the connectors and straight wire through the bulkhead. I`ve seen the actual individual metal connectors advertised on Ebay. Year One may be able to help you with the connectors as they contract with a company that makes factory replacement harnesses.

Dang that was my little trick.

-
Back