What do you do for "extra" income?

-
I had a border rent my basement for the last 10 years(@$700/mnth)it was basically to help with bills and my $$ car hobbies.SOB did the dash on me last thursday night while I was at work,so will be cutting back.Time to dig out the parts for sale.I,m glad he,s gone as he was an alcoholic.:angry7:

You are lucky all he did was haul out. My renter is a house 30 miles from me, did $8000 damage, mainly letting the dog piss on the carpet in every room, with wood floor underneath. And painted the walls red,gloss..
I got $2200 from insurance, and being laid off; went to small claims court 8 times, became a lawyer off the internet, got the max judgement $5000. And now have his wife's pay garnished, and a lien on the house he is renting to own (he can't close on it now).
Hauling *** is ok, if you had first, last, and deposit. Just no damage.

Do automotive repairs brakes, suspension,ect.Sell stuff at flea market/yard sales,sell scrap gold.

I used to sell books on ebay WAAAAAY back when that was a novel idea (ha ha). I became an expert in some subjects, knowing what books were rare or hard-to-find or valuable. I made a lot of $ doing it. But then everyone caught on to it, and it's hard to do that anymore. That was over 10 years ago.

Last year I worked two full-time jobs all year... 80+ hours a week, every single week. I was working one full-time job and didn't want to quit it in this economy and to not give up possible UE benefits if necessary, and was freelancing at the 2nd company trying to get in. Finally I did get in, so this past year I've just been happy NOT having to work 2 jobs! That gets irritating REAL quick. Taking it easy this year.

My band plays out once a month right now. It doesnt pay much but I get paid to hang out at bars and drink.

By night I repair/rebuild CAT Off Highway Truck ( dump truck ) Wheel end assemblies...and during the day, I repair cars. I am a mechanic by trade.
I charge $50 an hour.....workshop rates here are $88 and higher.

-
Back