what do you guys think of this situation

-

elitesrock2

Reaction score
So I bought my 340 alittle while ago from a local and have done some buisiness with them since. latest being trading a carb for a stump jumper truck. now this deal hasn't been completed yet and i do not have the trucks title or itself in my possesion. This is a backstory part by the way. So recently the guy wants to buy this 340 back from me. Offers 300 a month payment and whatever but backs out the night we were gonna meet up to set up a plan and contract. a few weeks go by and he wants to buy it again but for 250 a month. backs out again the night we were gonna meet up and set it all up. So I called him on it and asked what the deal was. Guy procedes to freak out and say all kinds of things and make me out to be the bad guy. So being that this was obviously a deal breaker i said that the deal on that stump jumper truck was off and that we were done doing buisiness and that i wanted the carb back. this especially became the case since the 340 I bought was said to have X heads but turned out to be some ported smog heads upon further examination. Guy refuses to return the carb and is actually threatening to fight me and all kinds of other crap. One thing to mention is that this 340 and carb are at this persons house due to the weather not allowing me to get it all. Basically just told the guy i want the motor this friday and the carb as well but he is being crazy over the carb. What do you guys think of this predicament.

Two words. Your screwed! If you think you are going to "go get that 340 and carb" without an altercation, your fooling yourself! He has your money, your 340, your carb and your holding what? Use your imagination.

That's exactly why when I "buy " something, full price changes hands and I take immediate possession. When I was a kid I had a 55 chevy body for a running 58 Chevy deal go south because I waited two weeks to go get "my' 55 Chevy and the place was empty. Of course they took possession of the 58 right away.

I'm thinking Roy is right (post #2). Wouldn't hurt to try to get them back but I'd call the cops and have them show up at the same time so he can't say you started a fight. You still may not get them back but at least your butt will be covered

You should have dropped him the first time. It's all on you. Learn from your mistake.

Yeah, not in your physical possession......You're out of luck im afraid.

You got some sort of paper trail on the stuff you bought?

If yes. Call the cops. Tell em whats up. Tell them you are going to collect your property. They may/may not send a cruiser with you. But you have proof the property is yours, that you contacted the police to let them know you were going to retrieve property and that you went about it as legal minded as possible.

If no. Load the truck up with your boys and go get your stuff.

And for future reference. You didn't buy anything till it's in your hands. I don't care if the guy is your sunday school preacher. It ain't yours till you're holding it.

you need a huckleberry
you mean Huckleberry Hound?
I looked at the urban dictionary to see what a Huckleberry was. There's some not so nice meanings.
Oh, and to the OP, I'm sorry you're in this situation. If you go there to get your stuff, you might be considered the instigator. Tread carefully.

Last edited:
Had a friend in a similar situation, not sayin its right but we loaded up 3 pick up trucks with everybody we knew and went over. All he had to do was knock on the door and say he was here for his stuff. Went down smooth as silk.

you mean Huckleberry Hound?
I looked at the urban dictionary to see what a Huckleberry was. There's some not so nice meanings.
Oh, and to the OP, I'm sorry you're in this situation. If you go there to get your stuff, you might be considered the instigator. Tread carefully.

Watch Tombstone.

Well i have a contract on the 340 and all that stuff. And I have the messages saying the deal on that carb. And would i be right to assume that most carbs have a specific serial number? its a 650 proform. If so i have the receipt and stuff saying its mine and proof of what deal there was. and by serial number i mean like specific to that one carb to be traceable to that purchase. I think ive got the guy cracked as I have so much stuff i could "narc" him out for in general that i can scare him into it all

Problem was you burned the bridge while you still needed it.

Well i have a contract on the 340 and all that stuff. And I have the messages saying the deal on that carb. And would i be right to assume that most carbs have a specific serial number? its a 650 proform. If so i have the receipt and stuff saying its mine and proof of what deal there was. and by serial number i mean like specific to that one carb to be traceable to that purchase. I think ive got the guy cracked as I have so much stuff i could "narc" him out for in general that i can scare him into it all

You're screwed even still. If you think for one minute any law enforcement will stop catching murderers, rapists and other violent criminals to hunt up your little carburetor, you got another thing comin. No offense meant, but that's just how it is. Besides, even the police will tell you possession is 9/10 of the law.

Nevertheless, I wish you all the luck in the world.

You're screwed even still. If you think for one minute any law enforcement will stop catching murderers, rapists and other violent criminals to hunt up your little carburetor, you got another thing comin. No offense meant, but that's just how it is. Besides, even the police will tell you possession is 9/10 of the law.

Nevertheless, I wish you all the luck in the world.
More than likely they Are going to to you it's a civil matter.

have local deputy go with you to get your stuff,..under threat of warrants he probably give up the parts to get you and law out his drive way...if not small clams court or redneck justice your only options..

If you have any local social contacts like your car club I bet somebody knows a cop who for a few bucks will accompany you while in uniform. Probably all it will take, he knows he is in the wrong.

-
Back