What do you think about my setup

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
I am changing the suspension on the duster not looking for a road race but a good street cruiser/strip car

Hoskins leaf springs
Cal-tracks
Home made subframe connecters
Fill firm manual steering box
PST poly bushing kit
PST tublar UCA
Box K frame
Box LCA
Just suspension 1in torsion bars
1 1/4 front sway bar
1in rear sway bar
PST adi strut rods
Leaf spring relocated in 3ins
Front and rear manual disc brakes

Not sure as of shock need something the is good on street and strip.
I like the car to have a stiff ride.

You don't need caltracs with new leaf springs, or a rear sway bar. Save your money, use rubber bushings. Other than that, looks good.

You don't have to blow your wad on suspension upgrades to make these cars handle, hell replacing those beat leaf springs and shocks, reinforcing the k-frame/LCA's, 1" bars, new rubber bushings and adding a front sway bar is 95%.

Peep this article as well:

[ame]http://www.moparaction.com/tech/beep/PUMP_IT_DOWN-re-v1.4.pdf[/ame]

You don't need caltracs with new leaf springs, or a rear sway bar. Save your money, use rubber bushings. Other than that, looks good.

You don't have to blow your wad on suspension upgrades to make these cars handle, hell replacing those beat leaf springs and shocks, reinforcing the k-frame/LCA's, 1" bars, new rubber bushings and adding a front sway bar is 95%.

Peep this article as well:

http://www.moparaction.com/tech/beep/PUMP_IT_DOWN-re-v1.4.pdf

I was planing on using the caltracks for the strip

I am changing the suspension on the duster not looking for a road race but a good street cruiser/strip car

Hoskins leaf springs
Cal-tracks
Home made subframe connecters
Fill firm manual steering box
PST poly bushing kit
PST tublar UCA
Box K frame
Box LCA
Just suspension 1in torsion bars
1 1/4 front sway bar
1in rear sway bar
PST adi strut rods
Leaf spring relocated in 3ins
Front and rear manual disc brakes

Not sure as of shock need something the is good on street and strip.
I like the car to have a stiff ride.

Do you want it to handle good on the street or hook at the track ? Most of the parts you have listed will make it handle better of the street but its not going to hook as well at the track. Its going to make the suspension stiff.

On the track you want a looser front suspension to transfer the weight to the rear tires.

I was planing on using the caltracks for the strip

Cal Tracs. What kinda HP does your car have? People have run faster than 8 seconds on leaf springs alone. Seems unnecessary for what you're doing.

Cal tracks will also work on multi leaf springs, but work best for drag racing with mono leafs. I agree with what was said about the front suspension. It is very difficult to put a front suspension together that will handle and also work good at the drag strip.

Cal tracks will also work on multi leaf springs, but work best for drag racing with mono leafs. I agree with what was said about the front suspension. It is very difficult to put a front suspension together that will handle and also work good at the drag strip.

It's not terribly difficult. The biggest thing is to unhook the sway bar at the strip.

Put it all on and see how she works. If every one used the same setup at the track they would all be winners. Or losers if I showed up. Just get it all and put it on one at a time. Then we can ask you what worked and what didn't.

-
Back