What do you think, not that i care...just kidding.

-

69 modtop

Reaction score
just looking for some peoples thoughts on the direction of my build up. it's going to be a restification, looks original with a few upgrades. it's a 69 mod top with a 68 front end 'cause the previous owner smashed it up and replaced it with this one. probably a stroker about 450 hp, 4 speed. /Users/blairjones/Desktop/DSC_0001.JPG/Users/blairjones/Desktop/DSC_0002.JPG/Users/blairjones/Desktop/DSC_0003.JPG

"restification" you've been watching Barrett Jackson again haven't ya, actually I watch it to. LOL:toothy10:

Terry

ok here they are, be honest, but not brutally. yes i've watched it a bit, but didn't know they coined the term. it's a guilty pleasure, but some of the prices of the cars makes me sick. people with more money than brains sometimes. it almost seems like people are buying from barrett jackson just so they can say that they did. we all know that they paid too much though.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Mod top are you serious about the floral pattern vinyl roof, tell me you're not and this is just a big joke. Because if you are I'm going to have to go puke in the toilet. Heh you asked what I thought and this is about as diplomatic as it gets. I'm sorry but I have to stop looking at the pictures cuss my eyes are hurting and my guts chirning.
That color of yellow on your car is really nice with no flowers required.

Terry

i'm sorry it's not your style, but it just happens to be the car i bought and it would sure be a waste to got and defile such a rare car. i realize it's not for everyone but you gotta admit it's kinda cool. there's just not that many of them around and i'm trying to keep ma mopar alive even through the acid flashbacks.

If your into it go for it
my grand ma had a green 0ne and it was cool back then{ in the real early seventies } wish we had it now it would probably break the bank at BJ auctions , then again maybe you should just ship the whole works up here to me and forget you ever owned it eh LOL
seriously if you ever want to get rid of it call me cause I would love to have a cool notch ,is it an actual mod top car or are you cloning?:-D
ps I'd put the 69 nose back on her jmho

this is an honest to goodness formula s mod cuda. picked it up from a guy in washington state. i don't think i'm quite ready to part with it just yet, ut i'll keep it in mind.

are you f*^%ing for real!?!? thats not something any one would look at and say "man that looks good" it would be the joke at the car show . so yes it would get looks , ... bad ones.

i'm sorry it's not your style, but it just happens to be the car i bought and it would sure be a waste to got and defile such a rare car. i realize it's not for everyone but you gotta admit it's kinda cool. there's just not that many of them around and i'm trying to keep ma mopar alive even through the acid flashbacks.

I'm sorry modtop but "acid flashbacks" I can't quit laughing. Now be honest with me, I promise not to tell, have you been cooking up some of those white crystals on the stove in the barn out back again. I give ya credit though ya must have a set of brass ones. But be careful though if you go driving around some of those ultra conservative neighborhoods in Saskatoon with that floral top don't be surprised if you get more than just stares from the locals.:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Don't get me wrong I love the car as is without the flowers.

Terry

don't think i'll be up near saskatoon with it any time soon, but if i am i'll watch out. as for the white crystals i had to quit cause the health benefits sucked. good to see everyone here isn't narrow minded and can handle something that is a little different from the norm. i'd be a little more worried about driving around the snooty boroughs of calgary than s'toon.

don't think i'll be up near saskatoon with it any time soon, but if i am i'll watch out. as for the white crystals i had to quit cause the health benefits sucked. good to see everyone here isn't narrow minded and can handle something that is a little different from the norm. i'd be a little more worried about driving around the snooty boroughs of calgary than s'toon.

Heh don't take it personally, it wasn't meant that way. You asked what I thought and I answered, with some humor thrown in as did a few others.

Terry

Real Mod Top, GO FOR IT!!! I would definetly put the 69 front clip back on it though. Flowered top is cool, hey, we have a factory Panther Pink 70 Dart, imagine that with a flowered top....:toothy10:

Picture 753.jpg

Wow - you guys are being real harsh. I'm not a huge modtop fan, but I think it looks pretty good with that paint color.

It's always about what YOU think is cool, not what a bunch of internet geeks think (including me). As much as I like a black interior, that new lighter colored interior will really make it feel bigger and brighter inside (I had a Bee w/ a white interior - looked great and the interior felt open and bright compared to all my other black interior cars).

Go with it - you won;t be happy if you build it to other people's expectations of what looks good.

don't worry about hurting my feelings everyone. i asked for the opinions and will respect them either way. it's all personal preference and we all know that opinions are like a$$ holes, everybody has one. i'll try to find the humor in the negative replies, while i track down where you live. just kidding, keep 'em coming. this is the most responses to one of my posts yet and i kind of like it. it makes me feel important.

HEY!! Did you break into my grandmothers house and steal the fabric off her couch?!?!?! Seriously though, if I like something Im going to do it, and if it pisses some people off then that just adds to my enjoyment :-D Its YOUR car, do it how you want it and dont look back! I can guarantee you 1 thing, if you are at a show, 90% of the people that see your fish will be talking about it afterwards, good or bad.

I am all for being different...But I aint sure about mod tops.Great lookin car without...I would hate to get it on and hate it.

Keith, just for kicks I would LOVE to see you photoshop a mod top on the Panther Pink Dart :-D I know, I have a problem :snakeman:

I say go for it, especially if it was originally a MOD top car. When the top is glued down, and the trim is on it it's going to look SWEET, BOSS, GROOVY, BITCHIN', SICK, WICKED, use the word that fits the generation and location you are from. I think it will look pretty cool, and if you like it that is all that matters.

PEACE

here here it's your car and it will look cool and it will win some shows if the quality is there , don't let some narrow minded you know whats slow your roll cause when you pull in with the right fender tag codes people who know whats what are gonna cream
ps tried livin in calgary and we all know why they write their names on their pants don't we haha nothin but steers and ------ and you ain't got no horns boy:happy10::happy10

im a no for it....car looks good right now, even if its originally a mod top, i wouldnt....its not like original mod top cars go for so much more (atleast not that i no)...and even if they did, it looks like my mom's aunt's sofa from downtown Toronto who keeps the plastic on her couchs (yes im italian lol)...but its really up to you...one thing ive learned is screw all haters, if you like you like it and if others dont, they can look the other way

good luck deciding

-
Back