What do you think of this plug?

What does this tune up look like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

yellow rose

Overnight Sensation
Reaction score
Is this plug lean, rich or just right? And if it’s anything, where is it rich, lean or just right, as in idle, cruise or WOT?

TIA
F2E925E9-2A25-4792-B69E-CC1BBCEED651.jpeg

To me it looks lean on Top End,Rich at MId range and JUst right at LOw End. Thats my opinion and I'm stickin to it !:lol::BangHead:

WTH where's the rest of it?!

I know!, the tuner needs the rest of the plug! lol

pig rich at cruise and WOT. tuner needs help.

I am going to guess the power valve is 1/2 of idle vac. Needs smaller main jets too.

Since know one else want to make a *** of them thyself........uwh uwh pic me pic me!!!!!:lol:

From what i under stand of plug reading in the lower ceramic it is totally full throttle fuel and the thinner and lower the line the learner it is. So with that theory.
I say jetting, or power valve channel restriction need drilling out so that a jet can be installed to tune it.

It could be air bleed side of it too but just don't understand that stuff enough to even comment on it

as far as mid range and idle.....can't even guess on that.

Since know one else want to make a *** of them thyself........uwh uwh pic me pic me!!!!!:lol:

From what i under stand of plug reading in the lower ceramic it is totally full throttle fuel and the thinner and lower the line the learner it is. So with that theory.
I say jetting, or power valve channel restriction need drilling out so that a jet can be installed to tune it.

It could be air bleed side of it too but just don't understand that stuff enough to even comment on it

as far as mid range and idle.....can't even guess on that.

PVCR’s are fitted with changeable brass.

I’m thinking you’re just about dead nuts on with your evaluation.

Woo Hoo!
And i thought i was going to have to put the dunce cap on, and sit in the corner.

But something tell me there is more to this story...............

What is the timing at cruise? What vacuum? Any vac advance involved?
On my wife's car with fuel injection it took a lot of messing with timing as well as fuel to get rid of idle and in town low rpm surging. What it ended up wanting was the exact opposite as what I would have guessed.

Oh, what do the rest of the plugs look like?

Woo Hoo!
And i thought i was going to have to put the dunce cap on, and sit in the corner.

But something tell me there is more to this story...............

There isn’t much more to the story. IMO thee idle and cruise is about as tight as I can get it. Maybe I’m a skosh fat at cruise, but I think it’s very close.

It’s WOT that is really super PIG fat. I’m at 68 main jets (square jetted and power valves in both ends) and I *THINK* I’m at .048 on the PVCR’s. But I need to go out to the shop and look at my notes to say for 100% sure that’s where the PVCR’s are, but I’m very close with that guess using my memory.

Idle feed restricters are at .028 and IIRC the IAB is .070 and I may go up a few thousandths more just to probably screw myself up. Again.

So I’m leaning towards opening up the MAB .004 as a start and see where it goes from there. Of course, it rained on and off all day here yesterday, and it’s just stopped raining now. So hopefully we can get some more tuning done before I leave today.

BTW, I’m running the linkage at 1:1 which is why I have square jetting and power valves in both ends.

Believe it or not, opening all 8 barrels at once made it a bit more driveable and it’s definitely smoother.

What is the timing at cruise? What vacuum? Any vac advance involved?
On my wife's car with fuel injection it took a lot of messing with timing as well as fuel to get rid of idle and in town low rpm surging. What it ended up wanting was the exact opposite as what I would have guessed.

Oh, what do the rest of the plugs look like?

All the plugs are very close. No vacuum advance. I don’t have the distributor curve sheet right in front of me but IIRC the timing is all in by 2200. It has 18 initial on it (at about 750 RPM) and at a 900 RPM in gear idle it has 22 degrees. It has 41 degrees total timing.

All the plugs are very close. No vacuum advance. I don’t have the distributor curve sheet right in front of me but IIRC the timing is all in by 2200. It has 18 initial on it (at about 750 RPM) and at a 900 RPM in gear idle it has 22 degrees. It has 41 degrees total timing.

Dont seem like much timing to me . what gas are u running , just curious.

-
Back