What do you think of this

-
Forget about it. They are not worth it. They won't look up long enough from texting on their smartphone anyway.......

Don't worry about what others say. I graduated in 2006 and my daily driver was a 72 vega in primer. Had a full forged and roller small block on spray with a 4 speed and caged. Everyone made fun of me and that car until not one person could pass it.

I had a few other nice muslce cars and my dads cars I could drive but just never trusted people at the school leaving them sit there.

For graduation I made sure to have my vega all fresh painted and looked like complete different car. No one could believe what a weekend of paint did.

I graduated in 96 and had the same problem . I had a 73 duster in rustoleum red primer with a built 440 4speed and posi they all laughed . I'd fire it up and those yuppies thought it was a poorly running junker with a bad exhaust they had no idea what a big cam with headers and straight pipes sounded like . They learned . I had enough one day and roasted the tires through the 1st 3 gears . Got suspended for 3 days but when I came back even the kid with the 5.0mustang was talking about how bad a$$ that duster was . Got the attention of one of the hottest girls in school as well . Everyone was really jealous after that lol

this is what i tell people who don't like my car :finga:. don't paint your car based
on what other people think only on what you think and what you want.

this is what i tell people who don't like my car :finga:. don't paint your car based
on what other people think only on what you think and what you want.

Yup, mine is still in primer, probably will be for a while yet. Mechanical go fast stuff first, then paint.

Yup, mine is still in primer, probably will be for a while yet. Mechanical go fast stuff first, then paint.

no doubt i can't wait to get my barracuda in primer. but first frame rails, inner fenders, drive train and brakes.

i think the primer look rocks and the same for your car:supz:

When I got my 71 Dart in H.S. in 1999, It was two colors, red and primer black.
Doors and top were black, front fenders were gelcoat fiberglass black. The rest was red. Lower rear quarters rusty. Rear wheels were silver and front wheels were black.
Interior was just a bench seat, B&M Megashifter, tach and gauges.

Didn't care what anyone thought about it. It was the fastest car out of all my friends, the most consistent at the track, and the loudest (open headers).

Guess who's car the pretty ladies wanted to ride in when I showed up at parties and stuff?? :)
And I wasn't even remotely popular at all!!

Time heals all wounds and time wounds all heels. HS will be a distant memory in no time flat, be the better man and do what you need to do for yourself.

My little brother drove a POS 73 Duster in high school. This was in the late 70's, long before it was a valuable classic. It was primered, Bondoed, and had no exhaust..
He had a bumper sticker right where you are talking about painting F%@k You... it read:
Don't laugh mister..your DAUGHTER might be in here!"

you are lucky enough to actually drive to school, I had to walk..
Things have changed....
Hopefully you get it painted before school is done and show them that hard work pays off.
Honesly, who care's what others say!
I'd rather look at a classic than a BMW

I think you got some growing up to do! Do yourself a favour and take the advice many here are giving you. The badass mentality will land you in trouble every time. Let them think whatever they want. That's their perogative. Long as you are enjoying the car who cares what anyone thinks.

Ok so at school everyone knows I own the old s*** primered car sitting in the parking lot.The are a few people who respect it but most hate it and think it looks like sh** beacuse its not painted.They dont understand the consept of brakes and driveline work that you cant see and it does not help that daddy did not buy me a new BMW or Jeep.I am going to paint it big bold black letters right between the taillights (F*c* You) what do you guys think of that.

Understand the frustration. But if you do that it'll be a walking advertisement for every nut job that's been barely able to hold back on talking **** and causing you real problems. YMMV.

Instead of worrying about the other High School kid's opinions you need to focus on the more important aspects of High School.

Getting Laid.

Safely of course.

When I was a kid I spent every weekend at the dragstrip with my dad. He was racing a badass '70 Challenger with a 383 pushing about 600 hp. When I became a freshman in high school back in about 1997 we started looking for my first car. I was only about 14 at the time but my dad planned on building a car that I could use as my driver when I turned 16 as a father-son project. He found an original 1969 383 Dart GTS that was primer red with a pretty rough interior but the engine was freaking built and sounded mean as all hell.

We had it for about a year when I started to worry about what all the other kids in school would think of it. It really did look like a POS despite the fact that it actually drove pretty well. Anyhow, I convinced my dad to sell it and we bought a four year old Mustang instead.

I'm thirty years old now and I still think about that Dart all the time. I've even gone so far as trying to find it but I don't think I could even afford an original big block Dart anyways. But most of all I wish I had taken the opportunity to spend some time working on it with my dad. That's a memory that I WISH I had but I was too young and dumb and ended up pissing it away.

Take my advice, enjoy that Duster. What the other kids think about it makes absolutely no difference. And if you have a chance to turn some wrenches with your dad, make sure you appreciate it because you never know when you might not have that opportunity anymore.

Lots of good advice on here.

Live your own life and let them live theirs. In a year or two, five or ten, do you really think it'll matter that you lived through some jibes about your car? If that's all they can see about a person, then they're living shallow lives.

Too much keeping up with the Jones'. I guess that's fine, but what if the Jones' are a**holes?

My nephew is about your age, close to graduating. He's building an '81 Cordoba. His friends think it's cool.

Others ask him why. To those he looks dead in the eye and says, "cause you're not."

I know it's human nature to go with the pack, but look what the pack is doing: riced out little s*** boxes, thinking that cutting coils out of a spring is the way to lower 'em. Fart can mufflers that have got to be good for at least another hundred horsepower. ( :roll: ) Saggin'. (Nuff said on that.)

Be your own person and hold your head high, knowing you're doing what they can't: building your own car.

That's how we roll in the old school, make it fast and safe first,...My mom always said, "Strive to be different",...You don't ever have to be one of the "sheeple"...

My mom always said, "Strive to be different",...You don't ever have to be one of the "sheeple"...

That's funny, we have always told our kids, "dare to be different". It's tough for younguns in school because of all of the peer pressure, but they WILL overcome it.

what would look good is an old school lone wolf tag hung under the license plate no club no affilations i do my thing the hell with everbodt else

My first and only car in high school was a '96 S10. I wished I had a badass muscle car or even my truck. If you go to mill creek or flo-bra, screw those kids. Your Duster is badder than anything I have ever owned or most guys here owned at that point. I hope you fixed your carb after the last time we talked. We should line em up sometime after I get my transmission fixed and we will see how bad you kick my ***!

Just keep driving your Duster friend and don't mind them. Get a vinyl sticker for you back glass that says "looks like *** but gone in a flash!"

-
Back