What do you think?

-

muddacres

Reaction score
If you was to read in parts for sale. Been in storage over 25+ yrs, glass and chrome in great shape. what kind of shape would you think it was in?
Jim

This Chevelle I have sat under a metal awning 27 years and is solid as a rock.

I bought these 1/4 windows for my build and the glass is full of deep scratches and looks like someone sanded it with an orbital sander. So I ask if I could send them back and his response was no refund. Maybe I should rack it us as a learning experience and move on. just venting sorry.
Jim

I bought these 1/4 windows for my build and the glass is full of deep scratches and looks like someone sanded it with an orbital sander. So I ask if I could send them back and his response was no refund. Maybe I should rack it us as a learning experience and move on. just venting sorry.
Jim

Ok so you bought them off here. They look good in the pictures don't they? I don't see any feedback on this transaction.

I keep to a pm. If you look it is easy to find.
sorry if the condition is worse than u thought, i appologize for that didnt know the chrome piece was important just the glass[/QUOTE] the glass has sanding marks and deep scraches.
I would like to send them back to you.
Jim[/QUOTE]
sorry i dnt accept returns[/QUOTE]

Did you get pictures first?

glass in "great shape" to me, means, wipe down good with window cleaner and install, no scratches, no cloudieness, same with the chrome:wack:

I say "Foul". I think you got took. I'd want my $100 back. "Great shape" in anyone's book means great shape. He didn't say "great shape for the age" or "show's normal wear" or anything that would lead you to believe they weren't in "great shape". Did the OP's ad state no refunds? Dan

I tried yellow china marker and a lead pencil. there is a picture of the way he pack it.
Jim

Attachments

• SAM_0423.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 213
  • SAM_0425.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 222
  • SAM_0426.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 213
  • SAM_0427.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 224
  • SAM_0428.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 219
  • SAM_0430.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 211
  • SAM_0431.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 218
  • SAM_0432.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 202
  • SAM_0433.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 210
what kind of shape would you think it was in?
Jim

What kind of smart *** response is that? Geeze!

Muddacres, I would want a refund also. The ad said "great shape".

If you read the thread we thought he was talking about an ad posted somewhere on a car, hence the comment "rust bucket" by another member. I took it as someone was posting a parts car and was saying the glass and chrome was good. There would surely be more good parts than that, hence my comment.

Try using some Bon Ami and water. It's a very mild abrasive and will polish glass without scratching it. Use a wet mix, though. It's available at any supermarket On the kitchen cleanser shelf.

I've used to to polish up a glass that I would have never dreamed would come back.

It's cheap and easy.

Good luck.

Here's a picture of the product. My grand mother and mother used it to polish mirrors without scratching. works great.

Cleanser-Powder-94876.jpg

the yellow marker and pencil was to show scratches. PS if someone need hole fillers these are going cheep....... LOL
Jim

I think those are pretty scratched up ,I guess that is what great shape means now.
So if I sell a set of those I will post super duper great shape and if they are brand new
I will post super super double duper great shape with sugar on top .

-
Back