What do you use

-

Steves65

Reaction score
Hey All,

I've been thinking about floor mats and cup holders for the bench seat of my vert, but haven't really found anything in red or that would be a good match...what are you guys using?

Hey All,

I've been thinking about floor mats and cup holders for the bench seat of my vert, but haven't really found anything in red or that would be a good match...what are you guys using?

You can probably order custom carpeted floor mats that would be close if not the same red as your carpet.

I have matching blue carpeted floor mats with Dart in white on the front.

They are bucket seat mats so not over the hump.

For drink holders, I use to have a plastic box that went over the hump but looked for one last year and guess they don't make them any more. I used it in my elcamino with bench seat and it was grey interior so the grey box looked good.

For my truck I made a table like thingy to go between the seat and dash to set stuff on, I could have drilled a couple of holes and made drink holders in it, but didn't think of it till I was done and had used it.
I do set my travel mug with large flat bottom on it and it works great. Have anti skid type shelving liner on top. Even installed a Kleenex box holder and cutout a slot in the side for the wife.

So unless you have 3 people in the front seat or want the wife to sit close to you, you could make a center console type holder out of wood, have it covered with some red material to match include whatever type holes, outlets or holders you want or need.

So unless you want the wife to sit close to you, you could make a center console type holder out of wood.

isn't that the main reason people get bench seats in their muscle cars?
I know its on the top of my list (that and it just fits in with the "musclecar" feeling)

maybe you could keep something like this in the backseat and just put it in the front when you need it ?

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/33101-09-Outland-Charcoal-Gray-Truck-Bench-Seat-Console-/190990335774?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c77e93f1e&vxp=mtr"]33101 09 Outland Charcoal Gray Truck Bench Seat Console | eBay[/ame]

not very pretty (looks like it belongs in a Toyota van) but it should do the trick
I remember ages ago walmart used to carry these type a things

I had a tan one sorta like what diy linked to when I still had my scamp. Fit the seat great and was nearly a dead match to the interior. Picked it u at a yard sale for $.50. Lol

Thanks, I am leaning towards one of those bench seat holders....wish they made them in red....black is probably as close as I am going to find, but might look odd with an all red interior

-
Back