What does a complete front assembley consist of?

-

SirFartsALot

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have been trying to obtain an answer to this question for several years.
Can anyone help the inept?

In Mopar Muscle's article "1964 Dodge Dart GT A Long Time Coming" November of 2010 Robert uses a complete front assembly from a 73 Duster in his 64 Dart. I have tried over 6 different sources not including my mechanicly inclined brother whome can fix just about anything. Just feel I got no reason to know.

Anyway I have started the long term project by the investment 66 Dodge Dart that will be delivered next month.

Can anyone educate me? :homework:

Thanks
SirFartAlot

[email protected]

Well, he couldn't swap K members because the later one won't fit. I'm guessing it's the later car's spindles, disc brakes, & upper control arms & ball joints. I think you might also need to swap the lower ball joints. Maybe the lower control arms too, just can't remember for sure off the top of my head if those will swap. You can also swap to later tie rod ends but there's no benefit I know of. There is a benefit to swapping to C body tie rods because they're larger.

Yeah, the lowers have to be swapped too because of the size of the bolt used on the spindles. UCAs need to be swapped, but the LCAs can stay the same.
I think you can use the different K member, but I vaguely remember someone warning me about that.

When you do this, replace all wearing parts! It will save you a headache down the road.

-
Back