what does these fit. cant find anything

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I found these upper door hinges today while I was looking in the garage and I cannot find out what they are to. they should be for an a body but cannot find anything on them from google. the part # on both of them are 6054. I think they will fit 67-74 a body but not sure. I sand blasted them and shot them in etch primer. any help would be appreciated. Bill

Attachments

• DSC05267 (Copy).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC05266 (Copy).jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC05268 (Copy).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 265
A true car guy will prep and paint a car part without even knowing what it is for or if it will ever be identified, used or sold. True love for the cars and parts. That is what makes us unique.

Ocean Springs, Ms. WOW. My wife was born and raised in Pass Christian and I was stationed at Keesler before going to Vietnam. I have passed through there many times going to Fla. when I was down there.

I found these upper door hinges today while I was looking in the garage and I cannot find out what they are to. they should be for an a body but cannot find anything on them from google. the part # on both of them are 6054. I think they will fit 67-74 a body but not sure. I sand blasted them and shot them in etch primer. any help would be appreciated. Bill

Bill, I can't identify those hinges. The bolt pattern looks correct for the later A-body but the offset is wrong when compared to the pictures I found? I wonder if the rear hinges off a four door are offset?

I have no idea. the only Mopar cars I have had here are 73-6 a body cars. I cant find anything on them. when I google them something comes up for 70-74 Challenger. but cant find anything else on that. Tamaraz has some on ebay that look like them for a bodies.

I would have to check to be 100% but to me those look like late A-body I think 75 and 6 are different from the earlier models and again not 100% sure but I think F body had ones that were like 75 and 6 A-body .....

so my guess is that those are way later A-body

Rani, where can I find a place to reference these. you mean like a Duster or dart sport 75-76. F-body, what kind of car we talking here. I would like to sell these. I need to know a little bit more if possible. I have googled my butt off and cant find anything on these. Bill

I would have to go out to the yard near me ...there is a 75 dart sport ...and yes as far as I know all 75 later A-bodies changed so dart sport, duster and swinger. I know there is something different about the later ones. I would have to go look though ...so if I don't find out tonight then tomorrow first thing

Steve, these don't look like any of the ones you posted in the thread. I sent a PM to that member res1vw21. see if he know. Maybe Rani will have the answer. thanks guys. Bill

They look like they have a height offset in pics, but I am assuming not since same part #. Looks like what I have on 75 Duster.

Attachments

• IMG_0644[1].jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 193
I held this one up and it looks just like that one. and you say that is a pic of one on a 75 Duster. Thanks, Bill

Rani, I have been thinking about what you said on the later a bodies. a few years ago I was building a 73 Duster and I had bought a 1975 Dart Sport parts car out in Illinois. I bet these came off of that car. that is the only a body besides my 76 I have had. I am going to go out and uncover my 76 today and check the hinges on it. The hinge on the 75 Duster zkx14 just posted is just like these. I am curious though on the 75 Dart Sport you are talking about up there. Thanks for looking. Bill

I went out and uncovered my 76 Duster after church today and these are the same hinges that is on my 76. thanks for the info. Bill

I didn't get a pic but they sure look like the ones on this 75 dart sport

thanks Rani, I think they are the same. they are the same as my 76 Duster. thanks for taking the time. Bill

-
Back