What Drive Shaft, Strange or Mancini Aluminum 1350

-
I ordered mine from Strange, it's DOM 3" tubing with billet yokes on the shaft and a billet input yoke to the trans. Pricy, but cheap insurance if you have lots of HP and bite when launching. Just my opinion.

Bill S.

Use only the 1350 stuf only. You will be extremely happy. The other parts are copies of the 1350 parts.

Mancini makes great stuf and they've been a great help to me. But if you need any local help or a quick fix, the 1350 is available thru most local driveshaft shops.

When you start to mix and match drivetrain parts, problems arise. Use the 1350 stuf exclusively. Have a driveshaft shop install your UJoints and use SOLID only. Make sure your driveshaft is high speed balanced and checked. If you have ever driven a drag car with bad vibrations on the top end, it is almost always due to the driveshaft.

The free replacement does not apply to aluminum shafts, and price wise Mancini got em beat by a buck. Also like the fact that Mancini makes there aluminum shafts in 3' for the 1350.

Why does Denny's and Strange say 30 spline 727 slip yoke and Mancini's says 29 spline slip yoke? are there 2 different ones for the 727?

Victory Driveshaft makes Mancini's shafts for them. They also make them for A&A Transmission. Call Rick at A&A and order it from him. He has Victory polish it and clearcoat it; looks nice. Heck Rick even went step by step with me to make sure I got it measured right.
I talked with a Victory Driveshaft rep. at the Monster last year and was impressed with their willingness to help me pick the right driveshaft for my app. Customer service is a big seller in my book. I hate when a company acts like you are bothering them when you ask questions. I think they are out of Iowa

Why does Denny's and Strange say 30 spline 727 slip yoke and Mancini's says 29 spline slip yoke? are there 2 different ones for the 727?

The yoke just has one spline missing to relieve potential pressure. It's the same style yoke except for that.

-
Back