What else do I need to paint??

-

Andre68

Reaction score
Well I have finally acquired a 60 gal air compressor, which I was told would be the minimum required to paint a car.

http://m.lowes.com/pd_36_0__?productId=3370356

I bought some engine bay paint (rust shield), ordered some tips (1.4 mm, 1.7mm and 2.0mm) I got my harbor freight guns to shoot my engine bay and primer. I plan on buying a devilbliss for base coat (I will be painting with single stage).

I also bought 2 50' hoses, shut off valve, kobalt air filter.

From what I guess I need now is a regulator?

Anything else I need? From what I've been reading I see stuff for a dryer, piping in line filter? I don't know hahah this I my first compressor and my first time painting a car!

If someone can shed some light on this that would be great!

Well I have finally acquired a 60 gal air compressor, which I was told would be the minimum required to paint a car.

http://m.lowes.com/pd_36_0__?productId=3370356

I bought some engine bay paint (rust shield), ordered some tips (1.4 mm, 1.7mm and 2.0mm) I got my harbor freight guns to shoot my engine bay and primer. I plan on buying a devilbliss for base coat (I will be painting with single stage).

I also bought 2 50' hoses, shut off valve, kobalt air filter.

From what I guess I need now is a regulator?

Anything else I need? From what I've been reading I see stuff for a dryer, piping in line filter? I don't know hahah this I my first compressor and my first time painting a car!

If someone can shed some light on this that would be great!

Wow!!! I aplaud your "can do attitude".

You may want to invest in a oil trap too, just in case your compressor exhales some oil.

The deviliss suction feed spray gun is fine for primers and some base coats. A Sata gravity feed gun is much better for breaking up metalics or micas.

You may want to practice on some scrap panels first, to get your stroke, overlap and gun settings right.

Good Luck!!!!

Get a book or video on how to paint. The Kevin Tetz "Paintucation" series is supposed to be good. Otherwise you get pieces here & there and miss something important.

There's quite a lot to it. Go to Autobody101.com and start reading

Use a dryer, it will help keep bubbles out of the paint.

-
Back