What engine to use

-

SPOTT

Reaction score
I just got a 68 dart 2dr 6cly. from cali and it is a pretty clean body.Cleaner then I am used to on the east coast. I want to change the engine.I want some input. Sould I go 340 w2,3rd gen hemi, hemi, r5 p7 engine or p7 head with xr block? I would like to pro tour the car.

I just got a 68 dart 2dr 6cly. from cali and it is a pretty clean body.Cleaner then I am used to on the east coast. I want to change the engine.I want some input. Sould I go 340 w2,3rd gen hemi, hemi, r5 p7 engine or p7 head with xr block? I would like to pro tour the car.

Honda%20HF118%20jet%20engine.jpg

jeh do you think we can get it under the hood.

Either the stroked 6.1 or the W-2 340 (or a W-2 408 stroker....). BB 2nd-gen Hemi would be too big and heavy, and the R5-P7 engine would probably need mods to work well in a street application.

3rd gen hemi or stroked BB. Oh by the way bring your wallet!!!$$$$$$ All of this is a haul starting from /6 car. Good luck.

i also have a 68 dart HDT with the slant 225. also i want to make it into a pro-touring car! when i started it was split between a turboed SL6 or a 340 motor.

i am going with the SL6. even tho they weight almost the same u can get an easy 1HP per CI N/A! then if u turboed it u could get 2HP per CI and get 25 mpg to boot!

just an idea

-
Back