What Fuel Pump Are You Carbureted E85 Guys Using???

-

PROSTOCKTOM

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Decided to bump up the compression on my 499" RB and go with carbureted E85.

So today I bought a new Horse Power Innovation 950 CFM 4150 carb that actually flows 950 CFM.

I am trying to decide between a Aeromotive SS fuel pump and a MagnaFuel Quickstar 300. However I am interested in hearing what real world users are running.

Eric Niefert, the owner of HPI told me I only need 6-1/2 psi at the carb and something around 18 psi from the pump would be fine.

Thanks,
Tom

IMG_4729.jpg

I have two vehicles we race on e85.One has the SS pump and the other is a quick fuel 260 I think.Both work great and I'm using 10an from tank up to regulator.

Look around for a used Mallory 250 or even the 500. I did see on flea bag a dual 500 pump, which is very cool. I almost bought it but I couldn’t justify putting any money to sleep right now.

How much power do you think it’ll make? That will determine which pump you need. You need a lot of pump for e85 and big hp.

Edited to add;
The aeromotive SS pump will only support 525hp naturally aspirated on e85 and carbureted.

Last edited:
My aeromotive ss pump has been 1.36 sixty foot and 10.11 et so 525hp I'm not buying that.Fuel pressure guage is rock solid.Carb only has 95 jets square.

My aeromotive ss pump has been 1.36 sixty foot and 10.11 et so 525hp I'm not buying that.Fuel pressure guage is rock solid.Carb only has 95 jets square.
Hard to argue with results so I won’t. I just published what aeromotive lists as the specs. I’ve always sized fuel pumps for more than I need rather than just enough.
Are you on gas or e85?

I ran e85 in my 85 d250 and it seems to love the stuff... I tried some once as ab experiment, figured I'd need my son with his truck and trailer before I got 3 miles from the gas station but I was quite surprised. I put 1/2 tank in then topped it off with 87, ever since that day when I had a lot of windshield time in it id do the same especially if I was over in Indiana where e85 was (at least back then) much cheaper vs the price of reg 87 than it is here in Illinois
I have. 1 12 Dodge 1/2 ton that's actually rated as flex fuel but for the difference in economy it ain't usually cheap enough for e85 here. I do run a tank occasionally in the summer as a"cleaning agent" for the injectors and such

No I'm not here to argue just stating what has worked for us.
We use the big holley regulator and 8an to the carb.
Yes on e85 at 3100lb.

I've been a long time MagnaFuel customer having bought a ProStar 500 in 1998 and never having any issues with it. Plus I like the looks of them better than Aeromotive.

I am now 99% sure I'll be buying the MagnaFuel Quickstar 300 for this project. Maybe a little more pump than I need, but should never run me short.

Thanks Guys,
Tom

Decided to bump up the compression on my 499" RB and go with carbureted E85.

So today I bought a new Horse Power Innovation 950 CFM 4150 carb that actually flows 950 CFM.

I am trying to decide between a Aeromotive SS fuel pump and a MagnaFuel Quickstar 300. However I am interested in hearing what real world users are running.

Eric Niefert, the owner of HPI told me I only need 6-1/2 psi at the carb and something around 18 psi from the pump would be fine.

Thanks,
Tom

View attachment 1716194788
I probably over did it but I did the magna fuel 500 and their best regulator. But I am using methanol

my small block runs a magnafuel 500 w/ built in filter.

-
Back