What Fuel Pump?

-

MOPAR4Me

Reaction score
Was hoping for some help on which mechanical fuel pump I can use on my Magnum 360 swap.

I have airgap type intake, stock 1994 Magnum bottom and top end along with original cam.

I already swapped over my LA 360 timing cover, chain, water pump, pulleys, etc.

I have also aded the cam snout extender with eccentric.

So all I am trying to figure out specs on which mechanical fuel pump will work best on this setup.

I am using an eddy 604 performer series, 600 CFM carb.

Will a stock oem 360 fuel pump work. If I am not mistaken those run anywhere between 6-7.5 PSI at around 30 GPH

I read somewhere that the Magnums with airgaps like to be more around 4-5 PSI, any truth to that?

Thanks.

A stock mechanical pump should work fine, I think the eddy carbs are more sensitive to fuel pressure than a holley type carb, intake should not matter in relation to fuel pressure on a carbed engine

I run a stock pump (airtex $20), Summit fuel pressure reg 6.5 psi, 3/8" fuel line, Demon 650DP. IIRC Edelbrock specs say to run 5.5 psi.

I am using an eddy 604 performer series, 600 CFM carb.

Will a stock oem 360 fuel pump work. If I am not mistaken those run anywhere between 6-7.5 PSI at around 30 GPH

I read somewhere that the Magnums with airgaps like to be more around 4-5 PSI, any truth to that?

Thanks.
Intake doesn't care, your fuel induction cares- in this case your Edelbrock carb. It should be below 7- below 6 would be better for an Eddy, 5.5ish'd be good.

Thank you all very much for the responses, so I will get a standard carter fuel pump and add a fuel flow regulator to bring pressure down to 5.5.

your engine probably came with a carter afb or thermoquad, which both need same pressure as the Edelbrock(AFB redone by Edelbrock) . Just replace your pump with stock pump and it will work fine. You shouldnt need a regulator with a stock replacement pump.

-
Back