What gain will I see in my time slips

-
i agree with ya. My point is its going to have to run WAY more MPH even in the 1/8 to make it ET decently
Its off everywhere at all the incrementals.
When i got my current car, the 360 that was in it ran only 109 in the 1/4 at 12.23. Not that different from the OP…That is where i started chipping away from.
It just isn't making any power, frankly, anywhere.
Assuming the machine work is all good, a mushy 10 inch convertor( imo) would be an obvious place to start looking.
He seemingly has enough motor to run mid 11’s easily. If not faster.
Getting his complete combo would certainly help pin it down better
I’m heading into work right now I’ll try and post my complete set up ASAP I thought I had it posted here already but for sure I’ll get it put back in

I didn't see a response about what your timing is set at, so just an FYI, Eddy headed combo's like about 34°. I would make CERTIN that your timing is correct before you get too far.

For what its worth, I can literally slow my car down by 4 tenths of a second by removing 7 degrees of timing...which is why I say check your timing.

The tune on the carb is the other thing that could easily slow you down. Check your plugs, go to a test and tune night and get that carb dialed in (jet up until the MPH falls off, then back it up 1 step and you're golden). I can explain this in detail if needed (just ask).

For sure, if the converter sucks....... the car just won’t put up a good number.

But I think this is converter number 2 already(I realize that doesn’t mean it’s “right”).

As the guy who has been playing on the dyno for over 30 years........ that’s where I would have started.
After the first few tweaks, and the car was still way off of the estimated performance, I would have had the motor tested locally by a reputable dyno service....... to see if the performance and the dyno numbers coincide at all.
Plus it would give you an idea of how well the carb was working, along with the shape of the power curve...... which helps with converter selection, shift points, etc.

In the event the dyno numbers are a pleasant surprise........ you then know you don’t need to spend any $$$ on the motor, and can concentrate on other areas of the combo.

I didn't see a response about what your timing is set at, so just an FYI, Eddy headed combo's like about 34°. I would make CERTIN that your timing is correct before you get too far.

For what its worth, I can literally slow my car down by 4 tenths of a second by removing 7 degrees of timing...which is why I say check your timing.

The tune on the carb is the other thing that could easily slow you down. Check your plugs, go to a test and tune night and get that carb dialed in (jet up until the MPH falls off, then back it up 1 step and you're golden). I can explain this in detail if needed (just ask).
The timing is set at 36 and yes that’s what my plan was to start at jetting the carb up and down just to see what it like

-
Back