What gas pedal and linkage can I use for the magnum swap

-

nearpar

Reaction score
I will be swapping my slant 6 in my 65 Dart GT for a Magnum 5.9 reconfigured with a Holley carb and air gap manifold. I will need to find a pedal and some linkage to make this work. Does anyone know
what car I could look for at the junk yard to take this from ? Don't really know what I am looking for..

Thank you in advance for any help

I will be swapping my slant 6 in my 65 Dart GT for a Magnum 5.9 reconfigured with a Holley carb and air gap manifold. I will need to find a pedal and some linkage to make this work. Does anyone know
what car I could look for at the junk yard to take this from ? Don't really know what I am looking for..

Thank you in advance for any help

I used my stock '68 A-Body pedal and a throttle cable from a Jeep Cherokee that had either a 5.9 or 5.2. I had to crimp a small cable feral on the gas pedal side of the cable and it fit right into the slot for the factory A-Body pedal.

It works great. As you know, the cable comes out of the firewall near the driver's side valve cover and loops around the stock 5.9 A/C pump , goes in front of the throttle body and hooks up to the throttle body with the stock 5.9 stuff. You can see the cable in this photo.

Airbox2.JPG

-
Back