what have you done with your trunk?

-

littleman66

Reaction score
so i been getting lots of progress done on my swinger.

question is what do Dodge darts trunks look like when they came from the dealership...

was it just painted body color with a tire and jack? nothing to hide the wheel tubs or anything? maybe a board over the tire?

i was planning on using por-15 in the trunk. then painting over that.

what have you guys done? i would LOVE to see some pitures since i cant find any

They came body color with the tire in the well, covered by a piece of cardboard and a trunk mat over that.

or you can say screw all that and do what Kev and i are doing!
replacing it with a straight peice, but mine will incorperate a cell in the floor.

feb507005.jpg

feb507005.jpg

Thats how my Barracuda was. Dont plan on putting anything else in the trunk though.

IM000525.jpg

AdamR said:
Thats how my Barracuda was. Dont plan on putting anything else in the trunk though.

IM000525.jpg

Adam, Whats the piece of metal for? Fire wall type of deal?

so in other words you would never do it aigan adam?

would you even think of cutting up your scramp

littleman66 said:
so in other words you would never do it aigan adam?

would you even think of cutting up your scramp

I wouldnt do it again unless it was going to be a dedicated drag car. Its a pain. No room in the trunk plus the extra saftey equipment required if you run the cell and battery in the trunk.

Cerwin said:
Adam, Whats the piece of metal for? Fire wall type of deal?

Its a firewall. NHRA requires it because of the cell in the trunk. You also need a battery kill switch to cut off all power at the rear of the car.

so if you dont need to relocate your fuel cell in the trunk. whats the advantage if you do.

i understand the battery, but the fuel tank?

Usually its done for weight. A 5 gallon cell replacing a 18 gallon fuel tank. I did it for space under the car to run tail pipes and for clearance around the relocated springs.

Cerwin said:
or you can say screw all that and do what Kev and i are doing!
replacing it with a straight peice, but mine will incorperate a cell in the floor.

feb507005.jpg

Atta Boy Cerwin!:thumbup:
It takes a real man to cut there car up! LOL!

71dart said:
Here's how I cleaned mine up
100_0015.jpg

Mike

clean dude. really clean

btw. you need more mopars in the garage..... or something! maybe even a jeep willys? :toothy7:

Ignore the blue blanket

Total restore to original stock with green paint and grey plaid vinly trunk mat

1969DodgeDartGTS440009-1.jpg

-
Back