What headers for 440 A body

-

sbh126

Reaction score
I've been searching threads and haven't found a clear answer on what headers will actually fit. For every thread that says one set fits, there's another that says it wont. I'm trying to find a set that will fit my 74 duster with a 440 and a 4 speed OD. What size tubes will be best for performance? The car currently has a 3" exhaust that dumps in front of the rear wheels. Will this system work for the 440 when I get it in? If not bigger or smaller? Any advise is appreciated.

I'd say the least fuss award would go to Schmacher (link above). But if they gotta be full length headers then, TTI. You may encounter clearance issues with the TTI's.

I'd say the least fuss award would go to Schmacher (link above). But if they gotta be full length headers then, TTI. You may encounter clearance issues with the TTI's.

I would agree. You can build your exhaust to go were you want with the Schumachers.

put 3 or 4 sets of pro parts headers on a-bodies over the years. never had a problem with fit.

I would agree. You can build your exhaust to go were you want with the Schumachers.

What kinda HP will Schumachers support? I may save up for them in the future.

-
Back