what holds the remote mirror control in place?

-

orangetwist

Reaction score
I seem to have misplaced something for my remote mirror control. I have the bezel for the outside, but what holds in from the inside of the door? If that makes sense. O forgot to take a pic and am not near the car right now. Basically if I put it in the hole and put the bezel on o can still pull it away from the door. Any idea what holds it or where to get one??

ahh ok...looks like ill have to do some diggin, or just go off that pic and make something similar that will work. thanks

what style door do you have? i have one car that the mirror control goes through the sheetmetal part of the door and its just a sheetmetal nut that screwed on, just like the chrome retaining trim piece. my other car im going to ad the remote ralley mirrors but it goes through the door panel and i dont have that piece, so it looks like the pic above is the piece i need too. looks easy enough to make.

Mine goes through the metal. I made one like pictured above and its holding it good. It was easy, took about 5 minutes then another 5 or 10 of fine tuning to fit the control good and bold it right. I guess if that doesn't work over time i'll find one of those nuts to put on it.

-
Back