what is 2 much ?

-

OiiiiiiO

Reaction score
hi chris,
got a good one to run by you,if you will? right now i have the b&m (70266) trans cooler (11"x8"x1 1/2") and i`m running a 3800 conv. on a bblk. street/strip car. the tech at b&m said not enough to cool a trans on a street car with that conv. he said to go with the (70274) instead (11"x11"x1 1/2"). i`m figuring, go with another (70266) instead and use them both together. i have the room for both, one on each side of the radiator support frame behind the grill. does this sound crazy to you and is it too much? hope i didn`t put you to sleep with all this and thanks, gene

I'm not sure of the effects on running too coolers. Don't see why it would be a problem.

But I can give you a link that has pics of my setup, and comments from others.

I just installed a 3800 stall converter in my car and it is a dark redish purple color like the menu bar up top.

Before hand I didn't run any cooler besides the one in the radiator. When I went with the 3800 stall I figure it would be a good idea

Don't know my tranny temps with the new cooler at this time, but will be installing a gauge in the future sometime.

The size of my current cooler is only 11x7x3/4. Went with this size because I had it laying around the garage from when I converter my brother-inlaws mustang to a manual.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=19026

Where do you live? What is the weather temps like were you are?

-
Back