What is a 1969 Dodge Dart Swinger worth in good condition

-

340dartley

Reaction score
I am posing the question as to what a 1969 Swinger 340 automatic is worth because I have one which also happens to be Race car. Was just brainstorming and thinking of what to do with it. Currently I race it in local bracket races. It has lots of things missing and modified on the body. If I was to put it back to original body configuration aka take the tubs out. install trunk floor put an unshortened axle back in it and install all the removed items would it be worth it? I know it isn't a hemi car and value is probably limited. I also own a 1967 Dodge Dart Gt 273 2bbl car which may make a better race car. I could swap a lot of the parts between the cars . The 67 has an 8.75 axle out of a 69 dart. Any way what do you think?

Need pictures
The race car is in good race car condition but lots of body modifications like rear fenders opened up and front inner fender wells gone. Was more wondering what 340 swingers were going for. My 67 is very rough . No rust just beat up.

20170423_100926.jpg

That is the 67 GT car. This is my race carView attachment 1715041221
I would leave it race ready myself...

But, you'll never get what you put into it normally with an A body.

Also, putting parts back to make it more original would be even more cost that you won't recoup!

I think that race setup is sweet btw...

As far as an all original 340 car totally restored, I've seen them go for 30 on Ebay (occasionally) 20 around town... But, that is completely restored and gorgeous inside n out...

It probably wouldn't be worth all the swapping and restoring, considering what you already have into that race car (by the looks of it)... IMHO

I would leave it race ready myself...

But, you'll never get what you put into it normally with an A body.

Also, putting parts back to make it more original would be even more cost that you won't recoup!

I think that race setup is sweet btw...

As far as an all original 340 car totally restored, I've seen them go for 30 on Ebay (occasionally) 20 around town... But, that is completely restored and gorgeous inside n out...

It probably wouldn't be worth all the swapping and restoring, considering what you already have into that race car (by the looks of it)... IMHO
You are probably correct. I was just thinking because I have a car with low value that has the unmolested chassis and most of the parts to convert the 340 car.
Thanks for the complement on the race car. It runs high 11s to low 12s with its 340. Last time the heads were off was 1984.

Not really trying to sell anything so in that respect value doesn't matter. Just if you think about it. A car with little collector value remains stock while the highly collectable car is modified doesn't make a bunch of sense. The swinger was converted to Race car duty back in 1971 so collector value was not a concern at the time.

-
Back